A comprehensive guide to all the cheat codes in the game.
Here we are again, with another rendition of the best RTS ever made.
Generally, I find it fun to note ruin the campaigns for yourself with cheats, but if you’re stuck on a certain annoying bit, feel free to spawn yourself a nice gun-toting car. That will help!
Cheats & Console Commands
How to enable cheats
While in-game, hit the Enter key or click the Chat icon in the top-right. That should bring up a text box. Type in one of the cheat codes below and then hit Enter again. The cheat codes aren’t case sensitive, so all you’ve to do is spell them right.
- marco: Reveals the entire map. It works as a switch — on or off — so entering it again will hide the map.
- polo: Removes the fog of war. This too works as a switch, like so entering it again will restore the fog of war.
- alpaca simulator: Creates an “Alfred the Alpaca”, which looks like a Llama. Very high armour value, trample damage, and attacks with headbutts. Strong in melee combat, weak against speed, ranged attack.
- furious the monkey boy: Creates a “Furious the Monkey Boy”. Destroys buildings easily, but slow and dies after taking nine hits.
- how do you turn this on: Creates an “AC Cobra”. Fires rounds of bullets, impressive long range, and high hit points, armour, and damage. Poor AI, bullets harm friendly units.
- i don’t exist: Creates a “Penguin”. High armour and damage.
- i love the monkey head: Creates a “VMDL”. Quick and good for exploring. Cannot attack but grant attack bonus to buildings if garrisoned. Fun fact: VMDL stands for Villager Male David Lewis and in case you’re wondering, David Lewis was in the team that made the game.
- to smithereens: Creates a Saboteur. More effective and faster than a Petard, the only non-cheat suicide unit on land.
- cheese steak jimmy’s: Increases Food by 10,000.
- lumberjack: Increases Wood by 10,000.
- robin hood: Increases Gold by 10,000.
- rock on: Increases Stone by 10,000.
- ninjaconnor / ninjalui / rowshep: Increases all resources by 1,00,000.
EDS NOTE: You only have to input ONE of the three codes here, not all 3. I have no idea why they did this.
- !mute: Silences taunts. That’s it.
- !nomute: Reverses !mute.
- aegis: Building, researching, resource gathering, and training is done instantly — for everyone including the AI. Works like a switch, so can be turned off.
- black death: Kills all other civilisations, except yours. Yes, even your allies.
- i r winner: Declares your civilisation as the winner.
- natural wonders: Transfers player control to nature, in lieu of losing control of your civilisation. It is irreversible — there’s no way to regain control of your civilisation other than starting a new game.
- resign: You lose the game.
- torpedo XXXXX: Kills the specified civilisation, where “X” is civilisation number from 1 – 8.
- wimpywimpywimpy: Kills all of your units, resulting in the same outcome as resign.
- woof woof: Transforms birds into “Stormy Dogs”. They are flying dogs with red capes. No gameplay change.
More of this sort of thing:
- Age of Empires II Definitive Edition: Build Order Sheets
- Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Simple Fast Castle BO
- Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Chronological Order of Campaigns
- Age of Empires II Definitive Edition: Furor Teutonicus Achievement