Code Vein features many interesting and unique bosses, all of which must be beaten in order to progress the story. All of these are lost, powerful but malicious, and feature a set of moves that are unique to them. With large health bars, memorable designs, and even fascinating lore surrounding them, these bosses are one of the many highlights of Code Vein.
Bosses in Code Vein do not respawn after being beaten, however, you are likely to encounter them again when exploring dungeons, so be prepared for the possibility of facing them again and again.
How to Beat Successor of the Breath
Location: Outside the Icy Caverns.
- A large creature clad in decrepit and worn-out armor, wielding a large, circular shield with razor-sharp edges. With antlers and glowing, yellow eyes, this is an odd sight but it belies the true strength of this creature. This boss is not optional.
- Due to his unwavering strength, it is advisable that you stick to projectile attacks for most of the fight, waiting patiently for openings where you can get near and attack him.
- Many of his attacks involve charging at you with a shield or, if you’re close, simply swing his fist or stomp his foot – both do immense damage so dodge out of the way and attack afterward.
- An attack to keep an eye out for is when he leaps into the air and comes crashing down. Dodge out of the way but be careful as he might do a shield spin right afterward. If he does, get out of the way and then attack.
- A lot of this fight is about baiting the enemy and attacking when he’s taken the bait.
- He will stick his antlers into the ice at one point when he does be ready to roll out of the way as a giant icicle will jut out of the ground.
- He will be staggered for a few seconds afterward so attack him then to replenish Ichor and continue shooting projectiles.
- When he slams his shield into the ground, expect him to charge at you with it; roll out of the way and attack. He sometimes creates an ice sword as well which disappears the second after he uses it; relatively easy to dodge.
- Phase 2 is mostly the same as the 1st phase, albeit a bit more challenging; the main differences lies in his desperation move.
- He will leap and remain in the air for a few seconds before coming down onto your positon – a blizzard will form surrounding a small area. You will need to get as far away as possible from him when he does. Keep attacking until his life drains away.
You may also be interested in: