Take control of a settlement of the first modern humans, guide them through the ages in their struggle for survival. Dawn of Man is a survival/city-builder from the creators of Planetbase.
The game starts in the Stone Age, and takes you up to the Iron Age, spanning more than 10,000 years of human prehistory. You will have to get your people to survive, expand and evolve, just like our ancestors, facing the challenges that the environment will throw at you.
Dawn of Man Controls
Every control option for Dawn of Man.
- Move Camera Forward – W or Up Arrow Key
- Move Camera Backwards – S or Down Arrow Key
- Move Camera Left – A or Left Arrow Key
- Move Camera Right – D or Right Arrow Key
- Rotate Camera Left – Q
- Rotate Camera Right – E
- Zoom in – R
- Zoom out – F
- Center Camera in Town – Return
- Rotate Left/Smaller – Z
- Rotate Right/Bigger – C
- Primal Vision – TAB
- Help Panel – F1
- Stats Panel – F2
- Resources Panel – F3
- Limits Panel – F4
- Charts Panel – F4
- Defense Panel – F5
- Techs Panel – F6
- Knowledge Progress Panel – F7
- Milesstones Panel – 5
- Activity Panel – 6
- Tasks Panel – 7
- Pause – Space
- Normal Speed – 1
- Speed x2 – 2
- Speed x4 – 3
- Speed x8 – 4
- Previous Work Area – [
- Next Work Area – ]
- Remove – Delete
- Hunter Selection – H
- Worker Selection – I
How to Survive
- Gather berries and fruits during summer and save longer lasting resources such as cured meat, dry fish and grain for winter.
- Avoid targetinh healthy adult animals when hunting in the early game, as they are hard to kill and might fight back.
- Use work areas in conjunction with resource limits to automate your settlement as much as possible.
- Do not expand too fast if you do not have the infrastructure to feed your people.
- Domestic animals need to be fed and given water in winter. Avoid having too many if you can not maintain them.
- In paleolithic hunter-gatherer socities, conflict was rare as the human populations were sparse. From the neolithic onward, though, you really need to be prepared for battle.
- It’s hard to achieve large populations in early eras. Only with farming and other technologies you will be able to sustain a large settlement.
- Make sure that when winter comes you have plenty of non-perishable, food in storage, otherwise starvation will be a serious problem.
- Getting someone to go to rivers, lakes, or wells to collect and store water is way more efficient than having your people go drink away from town everytime.
- Double-right click on the terrain to get a selected human to sprint to the location.
- Pivot the camera around a poiny by pressing both pand and rotate keys at the same time.
- In standard difficulty, raider technology will match your current era, so be careful before advancing too quickly.
- In hardcore difficulty, attackers will advance their technology at their own pace, so you should not take too long to progress through the eras.
- You can tell your people to go rest or shelter by selecting them and clicking on a structure.
- When people get hurt there is a chance they might catch an infection, which could be fatal.
- You can give commands to your people by selecting them and right clicking on the terrain or on an object.
- You can command your people to sprint to a location by selecting them and double right-clicking on the terrain.
- You can quicksave the game by pressing F9.
- Double click on a plant, being or building to select all nearby entities.
- You can press the return key to move the camera back to town.
- You can hold the H and I keys while dragging the mouse to select people with hunting or fighting tools only.
You may also be interested in: