Take control of a settlement of the first modern humans, guide them through the ages in their struggle for survival. Dawn of Man is a survival/city-builder from the creators of Planetbase.
The game starts in the Stone Age, and takes you up to the Iron Age, spanning more than 10,000 years of human prehistory. You will have to get your people to survive, expand and evolve, just like our ancestors, facing the challenges that the environment will throw at you.
Other Dawn of Man Guides:
- Dawn of Man Controls and Survive Tips
- Dawn of Man Beginner’s Guide: Tips and Tricks
- Dawn of Man Animals Guide: Domestic and Wild Animals
Tools are requires to perform certain tasks such as hunting, butchering, mninig, fishing or harvesting. Your people will automatically fecth the right tool for the job before doing it.
Each tool’s attributes indicate how good they for doing certain tasks;
- Fighting – Hand to hand combat.
- Hunting – Killing animals or ranged combat.
- Butchering – Butchering dead animals and extracting their resources.
- Fishing – Extracting fish from rivers or lakes.
- Harvesting – Harvesting cereals or pulses.
- Mining – Extracting ores from deposits or mines.
- Woodcutting – Cut down trees.
Fighting and hunting attributes affect damage dealt in combat, other attributes affect the speed at which the task is done.
One of the keys to survival is to defend your settlement against hostile animals and raiders.
During the stone age, the main threats are wild animals and sporadic bands of raiders. Make sure you have enough weapons and people to defend the settlement against them.
In the metal age things will get more serious, and large bands of attackers will try to destroy your settlement. It is highly recommended that you build fortifications and defensive.
At any time you can trigger an alert in the defense panel, your people then will run back to town, get the best weapons available and man the towers.
Depending on the age of your population they are able to perform different tasks;
- Children: They can carry light resources around, one at a time, and do basic tasks do not involve the usage of tools.
- Adults: They are the most efficient of your people, they can carry a larger number of resources and perform any task.
- Elderly: They can perform the same tasks as adults, but have less health and can carry less resources.