Table of Contents Show
Dying Light 2 – Enhanced Mod v1.8. Dying Light 2 Enhanced is an experimental mod which aims to improve the overall visual quality of the game. Also check; Something Big Has Been Here Part V.
Dying Light 2 Enhanced Mod v1.8
December 11th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.8.0
- Decreased rain drops visibility during night time
- Misc. small adjustments
PS: Techland, thank you for the new LOD multiplier setting in the graphics menu.
November 8th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.7.2
September 27th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.6.0
- Skipped a version to match game version
August 28th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.5.0
June 14th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.4.0
May 5th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.3.0
- Increased speed of rain drops and slightly reduced intensity
March 10th, 2022
- Added compatibility for patch 1.2.0
- Added a separate .pak file called ‘data7.pak’ for zombie / AI density adjustments
- Decreased spawn probability of flying particles in Stormy weather
- Fixed various issues from the initial release
- Misc. quality tweaks
What does this mod do?
Below you can find a list of some features.
- Adds more shadows cast by lights
- Adds more distant fog to Clear and Cloudy weathers along with other weather tweaks
- Adjusts the weather cycle so it rains more often at night time. Additionally the foggy, overcast and storm weathers will have a higher chance of occurring (Will unlock once you get to the second map)
- Increases level of detail / draw distance for trees, shadows and other objects
- Increases zombie / AI density around the map
- Removes or reduces various post-processing filters such as lens flare, sky bloom, glows, streaks etc.
- Slightly adjusts min. and max exposure values
- Slightly adjusts contrast and saturation (No need for ReShade or NVIDIA Filters)
- Removes excessive air particles such as falling leaves, newspapers, glowing fireflies etc. but keeps some effects as well
- Attempts to unlock and use various graphical settings which may or may not work
- Various miscellaneous tweaks
How to Install
First download and extract the zip file. Next, go inside the “Mod Files” folder.
Copy ‘data6.pak‘ and ‘data7.pak‘ to “C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonDying Light 2phsource“
If you do not want the zombie / AI density adjustments then delete ‘data7.pak‘ from the folder.
Now boot up Dying Light 2 and enjoy!