Aluminium is an incredibly useful resource to keep an eye out for in Fallout 76. You’ll need it to craft a Workbench, which is essentially one of the first things you should be looking to build when starting out.
Aluminum is almost a necessity and you will want to keep a steady supply of it all the times. Due to the “Degradation System” in Fallout 76, you will eventually need to farm a lot of Aluminum for repairs.
Aluminium Farming Locations
- Aluminum, although a rare resource to get in raw form, can be acquired from a few places.
- It can be gained from dismantling anything metallic in little quantities.
- You can find some Aluminum Ores near the Savage Divide.
- You can find in raw form around the hilly areas of the game.
- In the Flatwoods, you can harvest Aluminum from the fertile soil.
- You can constantly farm Aluminum ores in your own workshop. You can make this setup a bit better my making a robot for farm it for you.
Here is a list of items you can dismantle to get Aluminum in the game:
- Alarm Clock
- Aluminum Can
- Aluminum Canister
- Cake Pan
- Carlisle Typewriter
- Coolant Cap
- Ear Examiner
- Inactive Distress Pulsar
- Industrial Oil canister
- Ring Stand
- Surgical Tray
- Toy Rocket Ship
- Tri Tool
- TV Dinner Tray
- Wake Master Alarm Clock
So far we’ve only found one location that offers a particularly high quantity of Aluminium. It’s in the Eastern Regional Penitentiary. This is a prison area that sits at the center of the map, we’ve included an image below. The area you’ll want to focus on is the cafeteria inside the building. It is, rather unsurprisingly, filled with Dinner Trays. These can be collected and scrapped at Camp to get Aluminium. Loading back into a new server will respawn the Trays as well, so rinse and repeat!
When out looking for Aluminum in Fallout 76, be sure to head into the menu and tag it. This will highlight all Aluminium when looting. It’s handy to make sure you don’t miss any while looting. You can either do this in the crafting menu by highlighting Aluminium in a recipe, and pressing the tag button, or by heading into your inventory and tagging it there.