How to activate and use a few built-in cheat codes in Farm Together.
Step 1: Enable Cheats
For the cheats to work, you need to change the game’s launch options. It’s easy to do:
- Right click the game in your library and go to Properties > General Tab > Set Launch Options.
- Enter “-cheats2” without the quotes and click OK and close the Properties window.
- You can now launch the game like normal, everything should look the same.
Continue to the next step to learn how to use your new power.
Step 2: The Codes
Timeskip – Skip Forward 5 Minutes
Enter the code “timeskip” on your keyboard while in-game, your time will fast-forward 5 minutes. You can type it as many times as you want in a row.
- All your Fish, Crops, Flowers, Animals, etc.. will progress.
- The seasons will progress along with the day/night cycle.
- If you’re playing multiplayer your time will become desynced from the other players, which means items can be in a state where they’re harvestable for you but not other players.
- Luckily it doesn’t seem to affect the time remaining on farmhands or boost.
Ravpic – A Screenshot Tool
Enter the code “ravpic” on your keyboard while in-game, it hides the entire HUD. I believe the developers used this to capture screenshots for the Steam store page. What advantage does this have over Photo Mode? You keep full control over your character.
Extra: My Opinion on Cheating (That Nobody Asked For)
I believe people should be able to play the game the way they want to, if you decide to cheat that’s your own personal decision and responsibility.
I’d like to see the developers add in more accessible cheats like a creative sandbox mode to the game for people who want that. The multiplayer component makes it more challenging but perhaps sandbox-mode farms could simply be invite-only or marked as a sandbox farm on the multiplayer farm list.
More of this sort of thing:
- Farm Together: Beginners Guide
- Farm Together: Achievements Guide
- Farm Together: Cheat Codes
- Farm Together: Events Guide and List
- Farm Together How to Make Money