A quick fix for Windows 10/11 / Steam Users!
I had some problems with stuttering and really bad lag after some hours of playing Forza Horizon 5, and I tried so many things to fix it, and I stumbled upon one thing that worked!
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
1. Open Task Manager
2. Go to the “Details” tab
3. Find ForzaHorizon5.exe
4. Right click, set priority as “Realtime”
Boom, hopefully you’ve fixed your issues!
The Fix 2: Electric Boogaloo (FOR NVIDIA USERS)
1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
2. Click “Manage 3D Settings”
3. Click “Program Settings”
4. Find “ForzaHorizon5.exe” in the list, click add
5. Turn off “Image Sharpening”
6. Select “Prefer Maximum Performance” for Power Management
7. Turn on “Threaded Optimization”
8. Turn off “Low Latency Mode”
9. Turn “Texture Filtering – Quality” to Performance
10. Click apply and close.
If you want to always have Forza launch in “High” priority you can make a little batch file.
Right click on your desktop
New -> Text Document
Paste this :
Title Forza Horizon 5
cmd.exe /c start “” /high “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon5\ForzaHorizon5.exe”
Then save it on your desktop, change the file extension to .bat (from .txt)
Can’t see file extensions? Open the explorer (Windows Key + E) View -> Right side check “File Name Extensions”
Double click and grab your .. shifter, time to play!
Keep in mind it won’t be ‘faster’, it will however get priority over your webbrowser, discord, other background software.
It being faster is a myth, it does help to make it run smoother 🙂
Also if your game isn’t installed on your C: drive or you messed with the driver letters .. then you’re probably smart enough to figure out what to do & can (re)write this little batch file without my help.
More of this sort of thing:
- Forza Horizon 5 Logitech G29 Smooth Wheel Settings
- Forza Horizon 5 All Board Locations (Free Fast Travel)
- Forza Horizon 5 Building and Tuning Tips for Beginners
- Forza Horizon 5 Smashable Accolades Guide
- How to get Super Wheelspins and Money in Forza Horizon 5