How to get the good ending
Metro Exodus walkthrough is divided into several chapters, but the main ones are Moscow, The Volga, Yamantau, The Caspian, The Taiga and Dead City. These chapters are separated by smaller ones taking place on the Aurora, which Artyom can explore while talking to other characters.
Other Metro Exodus Guides:
- Metro Exodus Body Armor Upgrades
- Metro Exodus All Helmet Upgrades
- Metro Exodus All Electronics Upgrades
- Metro Exodus Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Throughout the game, you can make various moral decisions. For instance, knocking out an enemy instead of killing him, doing side quests, freeing prisoners and so on. You may think that it affects the ending you get. In fact, it all depends on whether you managed to get all the Spartans from your squad safe and sound to Dead City. The ones to die, leave or become disabled are Duke, Damir and Alyosha. This can happen in The Volga, The Caspian and The Taiga chapters respectively. First things first though.
How to save Miller
Unfortunately, Miller dies at the end of the game no matter what you do.
The Volga and Duke
In this chapter, you can kill the bandits without hesitation, and it’s not necessary to rescue the hostages, get Stepan a guitar or find a Teddy bear for Katya. To make sure Duke survives, all you need to do is to pass the last stage of the chapter stealthily. Don’t engage in open combat because it will have bad consequences.
Note that it’s not necessary to capture the merchants’ tug quietly or not to kill anyone in the church.
The Caspian and Damir
Unlike The Volga, we can’t specify the actions required to keep Damir in your team. However, it definitely happens if you do the following:
- Find a family photo for Giul in the bunker where you look for radiation maps. Read The Caspian walkthrough for details.
- Save the slaves in a rusty ship, which Anna shows you. To do so, deal with the enemies, go up to the captain’s cabin and leave through any side door to find the lever to open the lever that opens the cage.
- Save the slaves near a rusty barge located across the road going from South to North. Just go to the top floor and kill all enemies.
- Don’t shoot the slaves who are attacking you in the cave on your way to Baron’s tower.
If you complete all these tasks, Giul will appreciate what Artyom did for the resistance and Damir will admit that he managed to help his people.
The Taiga and Alyosha
If you do bad things in The Taiga, Alyosha will be shot at the end of the chapter. Later on the train, you will hear Alyosha cursing Artyom and promising to kill him if Olga doesn’t survive. This way, Alyosha’s disability will not let him donate blood for Artyom at the end of the game.
To save Alyosha from the injury, you have to make a good impression on Olga. Avoid killing pioneers and pirates in their camps. Besides, try not to kill the pirates waiting for you on the other side of Solnechny camp at the beginning of the chapter. If you act aggressively, Olga will eventually call Artyom crazy. You can also save the tied hostage in the bandit camp. First, you need to kill all enemies and only then free him. But that’s not necessary.
How to get the bad ending
If you have fulfilled the above-mentioned conditions, the Spartans will save Artyom after he returns from the radiation epicenter in Dead City regardless of how you passed the previous chapters. However, if at least one of the three Spartans can’t donate blood for Artyom, he will die.
Thus, to get the bad ending, you need to make sure that Duke dies in The Volga, Damir joins Giul in The Caspian, and Alyosha is shot in The Taiga. Again, any of the three options is enough.
More of this sort of thing:
- Metro Exodus Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Metro Exodus – How to get the bad ending
- Metro Exodus – Ending Achievement Guide
- Metro Exodus Damir Achievement Guide
- Metro Exodus PS4 Cheats