Table of Contents Show
Mistover Boss Guide
The Great Koschei
- Deep Sleep – Targets Entire Party – Light Damage – Stuns Targets
- Great Creator – Summons 2 Golems
- Cloud of Low Morale – Targets Cross – Inflicts -SPD
- Unknown Color – Single Target – Damage
- Unknown Linear Color – Targets Row – Damage
- Incomprehensible Move – Single Targets – Grants Weakness Resist +50% for 1 Turn (maybe just grants a random buff)
Notes and Reccomendations
The battle will always begin with him casting Deep Sleep, so you basically lose a first turn if your entire party gets Stunned. Deep Sleep is usually only every 7-8 turns and other skills do not stun, Stun Resist may not be as useful as something like EVA or Move Resist, since the Golems have an attack that can knock back a party member 1 tile.
Because each Golem is pretty beefy, killing both will generally leave you with 2-3 turns before he re-summons them, if your composition is beefy (Werewolf with Burn Up!, Paladin with Provoke/Divine Hands, Priest with Prayer/Overflowing Love) you may want to set up Provoke and Burn Up and just take the Golem’s damage.
Assuming it takes you 2 turns to kill one Golem, ignoring them and just doing damage to the boss means you only take 4 extra Golem attacks over the course of 4 turns versus killing the Golems one at a time. They hit relatively hard so you really want to have the ~30% DEF+ from Provoke on your Paladin, who should be taking most of the hits.
With Divine Hands +50% Heal, you can keep your entire front-line healed (If you are running Ronin/Werewolf/Paladin) with Prayer of Love. You may want to have Holy Smite Cross on your Paladin just to reposition with. Having a Reaper inflict -HIT on the boss can also help if you are having trouble tanking, just remember you can’t Stun the boss.
Another reason to consider ignoring the Golems is MP management. Every turn spent blocking to recover MP is another turn of free damage you take. If you kill two waves of Golems, you will have dealt nearly double the damage you needed to actually kill the boss. Plus, if you kill the boss, any remaining Golems will simply de-spawn.
Ronin/Werewolf is probably the most effective combination for single target damaging the boss (and in general most likely) since they both utilize the Brand mechanic, and Werewolf also has a single target nuke with 200% + 25% Brand base for 15 MP, which is the most efficient up front damage. With the Brand bonus, any of the classes Bleed skills with 80% + 80% Bleed for 3 turns is only 15% more efficient at the cost of taking 3 turns to do the damage.
Most useful “extra” stats are probably:
- EVA (what else is new)
- Move RES – To facetank the Golems
- Stun RES – The lower the DPS of your team the more useful this becomes
Dump Stats for Accessories (though you want these just to get through the Cathedral’s regular mobs):
- Bleed RES
- Weakness RES
- Sharp Bite – Targets 1 Party Member in Front/Mid, Boss must be Front/Mid, Does 96% Damage and 96% ATK Bleed for 3 Turns. Boss moves back 1 Tile
- Dark Matter Spear – Targets 1 Party Member in Any Position, Boss can be Any Position, Does 160% Damage and inflicts -30% SPD for 3 Turns.
- Dark Matter Wings – Targets all Party Members, Boss can be Any Position, Does 240% Damage and all Party Members Move 1 tile randomly. Boss repositions to the center tile.
- Unstoppable Darkness – Targets 1 Party Member in Any Position, Boss must be Mid/Back, Does 96% Damage and inflicts Stun for 1 turn.
- Bloodshot Eyebeam(Melee/Ranged) – Targets all Party Members, Boss can be Any Position, Does 90% Damage and Inflicts Melee/Ranged Silence for 1 Turn.
- Blood-curdling Eyes – Targets all Party Members, Boss can be Any Position, Does 90% Damage and Inflicts -Bleed RES for 3 Turns.
- Dark Matter Weaponry – Targets 1 Row, Boss must be in the Center Tile, inflicts Instakill and a 300% ATK Bleed for 3 Turns.
Notes and Recommendations
This boss spawns with two mosquito mobs, and do not respawn. This means if your Ronin has low HIT against the boss, he won’t be able to gain more YP.
Do not have a party where you have 3 members in one row. This will be explained shortly.
This boss does not have an AoE Bleed skill aside from on the instakill attack, so even with party-wide -Bleed RES, HP management is a lot more manageable if you can consistently displace the boss from the center tile.
The main mechanic of this boss is the Dark Matter Wings and Dark Matter Weaponry, the latter of which requires the boss to be in the center tile. Because worst case scenario it will Limbo and Bleed 2 Targets, you want to have Bandages on hand for when those allies take their turns before other allies, as if you SOS the Bleed will kill the party member. However, just because Wings repositions the boss to the center, the boss won’t ALWAYS use Weaponry immediately after.
Unlike previous bosses, who have had infinite resistance to debuffs, the Orbis Brain actually has a 130 Move RES while retaining infinite RES for other debuffs, meaning it is possible to force a Move, albeit not guaranteed. Outside of move skills, the main way of dealing with Weaponry is to have your targeted characters bandage, then have your Sister use Overflowing Love to heal the entire party, putting both targets out of Limbo and healing off some of the damage caused by Wings’ 240% nuke.
Recommended Stats/Party Members:
- Weaken RES (more important that Bleed RES due to party-wide Bleed RES debuff)
- Bleed RES (only useful if you resist the -Bleed RES debuff attack)
Sister with Overflowing Love/Stable Cloud (Onmiyouji with Purification will help you save on bandages if your party can afford to slot him, but the Sister is mandatory)
Thief with Strike From Behind, Werewolf with No Escape, Paladin with Shield Bash (Push/Pull Skills, you probably will be running a Paladin/Werewolf regardless)
Bandages – Usually you maybe bring one or two for emergencies, but in this case you can use gold to directly counter a boss mechanic, so stock up a few quests beforehand. The slower your team’s DPS, the more of these you’ll want.
Goddess of Wealth
- Goddess of Wealth + 3 Goats (Tentacle Monsters from regular Encounters)
- Untouchable Evil – Targets Self, Boss gains 27% Reflection for 3 Turns
- Dimensional Crack – Targets 1 Party Member for Damage, Boss gains Weakness RES 100% 2 Turn
- Suffocating Cloud – Targets a Cross with one of your Party Members as Center, does Damage and inflicts Bleed for 3 Turns
- Unfulfilling Meal – Targets 1 Party Member, Does Damage and Heals the Boss for a portion of damage dealt. Will use this skill exclusively if HP is below a certain threshold.
- Bereft Mother’s Wrath – Targets All Party Members, does Massive Damage and Bleed for 3 Turns. Will use this skill only if all three Goats are dead, and will only use this skill if they are dead. Takes priority over Unfulfilling Meal if both conditions are met.
Notes and Reccomendations
Kill 2 of the 3 Goats, do not kill the last Goat or else the boss will only use the party nuke which you cannot survive. (600+ Damage to all targets +3 Turns of Bleed)
Because the Goats have an AoE Stun attack, you want to keep the third one at low HP so it uses Cannibalise, which is a Single Target damage skill which heals the Goat. As long as its HP is low enough to trigger that attack, you won’t have to deal with moves/Stuns from the Goat. However, unlike the Great Koschei, the Goddess will NOT spawn new Goats even if you kill the first two.
Single Target Damage is much more valuable than AoE in this fight, because you don’t want to kill all the Goats. Also, when the Goddess is below a certain HP, she will only use the Unfulfilling Meal, which is relatively low damage versus her other skills. Once you reach that point the fight becomes much easier to manage.
Recommended Bonus Stats:
- Bleed RES
- Stun RES (More useful early in the fight versus later)
- Brand Classes (Ronin + Werewolf to burst the first 2 Goats and Boss HP to Unfulfilling Meal)
- Priest – To cure Bleeds
- Onmiyouji – To deal with Stuns, if you want to try to ignore the Goats you’ll need an Onmi.