Status Effects contains information regarding the various elemental effects and status ailments that may be inflicted against enemies or the player.
Nioh 2 Status Effects
Status effects are classified into two categories: elemental effects and status ailments. The main difference between them is that elemental effects deal direct elemental damage on hit as well as filling the corresponding status meter, while status ailments don’t.
- A Fire-based elemental effect. Gradually reduces health.
- A Water-based elemental effect. Increases damage received from attacks.
- A Lightning-based elemental effect. Reduces attack and movement speed.
- A Purity-based elemental effect. The afflicted loses Corruption, takes increased Ki damage and any enhanced statuses are removed.
- A Corruption-based elemental effect. The afflicted loses Purity, and takes increased Ki damage. The opponent will absorb the Ki lost through this effect. If a yokai is afflicted, their maximum potential Ki will also be decreased.
- The Chaos status ailment. Increases the damage received from attacks, and also slows the recovery of Ki. For afflicted yokai, barring some exceptions, Ki recovery will be halted completely.
- A Poison-based status ailment. Gradually reduces health.
- A Paralysis-based status ailment. The afflicted becomes unable to move.
- Attack decreased.
- Defense decreased.
Ki Consumption Increase
- The consumption of Ki is increased.
- The effectiveness of the medicine is decreased, and you are more vulnerable to enemy strikes.
The Dark Realm
- An effect of being in the Dark Realm. Your Ki recovery speed is decreased, but your Anima will build up quicker.
- The maximum equipment weight is exceeded and your Ki consumption will consequently be increased considerably.
- Running and dashing speed decreased.
Reduced Ki Recovery Speed
- Ki recovery speed decreased. Also, Ki recovered from Ki Pulse is decreased.
- Unable to use items or change weapons.
Increased Fire Resistance
- Resistance to Fire-based attacks increased.
Increased Water Resistance
- Resistance to Water-based attacks increased.
Increased Lightning Resistance
- Resistance to Lightning-based attacks increased.
Increased Poison Resistance
- Resistance to Poison increased.
Increased Paralysis Resistance
- Resistance to Paralysis increased.
- Attack increased.
- Defense increased.
- Health recovers gradually over time.
Faster Ki Recovery
- Ki recovery speed increased.
- Amount of fire damage taken is reduced, but damage taken from lightning is increased. Also removes Stench and Scorch.
- Life is gradually restored by the relaxing effect of the hot spring.
- You are harder to detect when moving through grassy areas.
- Running and dashing speed increased.
- Enemy attacks will not stagger you.
- A Confusion-based status ailment. Increases the damage received from attacks, and also slows the recovery of Ki. For afflicted yokai, barring some exceptions, Ki recovery will be halted completely.
You may also be interested in: