Table of Contents Show
Nova Lands is a automation based sandbox game published by HypeTrain Digital. Check out our Nova Lands Guide, Tips, Secrets & Skin Codes.
Nova Lands Guide, Tips, Secrets & Skin Codes
Everything you need to know to unlock every part of the game, get every secret, and farm efficiently.
How to Get Materials
Nutritious Eggs (Honey Eggs)
‘Honey’ Nutritious Eggs come from honey covered twig bushes. Honey bushes produce bees.
BirBees will search the island for berry bushes. They will hit the bush knocking all the berries off then take one back to their honey bush. It is the berries that they bring back that causes the honey bush to produce more eggs.
If you want to make more honey bushes, you have to NOT harvest the eggs. Once 4 eggs appear on one, it will look like it is on fire. A little while later, all the eggs will disappear and a large Queen BirBee will appear. The queen will fly randomly around the island until it flies into an empty twig bush. It will then transform that bush into a honey bush.
Later when you research the ‘Ranching II’ tech, Queens can be captured and brought to other islands to turn their bushes into honey bushes.
A later island will give you access to berry trees (much bigger than the bushes). These produce much more berries, allowing your BirBees to harvest fruit much quicker.
You will eventually get access to a relic that allows you to move buildings. You can plant a twig bush on a farm plot, let a queen turn it into a honey bush, then move the honey bush to wherever you want on the island.
You can remove the honey from a bush by attacking the bush.
You can place feeders filled with berries right next to the honey tress to make your BirBees produce eggs even faster.
Red Jelly comes from harvesting the dead corpses of JellyPink Enemies (Red Jellyfish Enemies).
JellyPinks DO NOT SPAWN naturally. When a JellyBlue spawns, if there is a WILD (not player planted) juice plant (green spire plant with a red glob at the end found in the winter island), the JellyBlue will fire at the plant, dislodging the red juice ball. It will then eat the red juice, turning into a JellyPink.
There are TWO islands that have JellyBlue spawns the winter and the water islands. You can force the Jellies to turn pink by placing juice balls in animal feeders (found under farming). I suggest spreading a bunch of feeders around their spawn area. Don’t forget that you will need one Fighter Bot set to ‘Hunting’ the JellyPink and another Collector Drone set to harvesting the corpse.
Titanium ore comes from titanium rocks. You can’t break those rocks without first getting a tech upgrade that requires titanium ingots.
To get your first batch of ore, just kill then harvest the corpse of the enemies that eat the rocks that are around that area. They will drop the ore. You can farm Titanium ore either by killing then harvesting the Arabeetle corpses near the titanium rocks, or by harvesting the rocks after you get the ‘hard rocks’ tech upgrade.
Poop, Gold Nuggets & Animal Scale (Looks Like a Brown Leaf)
Animal Scale can be farmed from Scortixas (brown lizards in the desert).
Poop comes from Antorks (Boars).
Gold Nuggets comes from Carancrabs.
Once you research Ranching II, you can use your harvesting tool to capture the appropriate enemy. Create a barn once you research that tech, walk inside, go to the back panel, and put three Captured Enemy Capsules in.
You will need to supply the barn with Nutritious Eggs (from the Honey Covered Trees) to keep the lizards producing leather, berries to keep the Antorks pooping, and rocks to keep the Carancrabs producing gold nuggets.
- At the start of the game, just concentrate on getting all the islands unlocked, defeating bosses, and completing quests. Don’t bother making your production nice, you will be able to purchase blueprints that are major upgrades that will render your initial setups obsolete. Getting to this point only takes a few hours. Note: you can’t even see what these upgrades are until later in the game.
- You will get access to new blueprints that are not in your tech tree after a certain point in the game.
You will eventually find an NPC with a broken ship. Finish his quest to open up a special shop that allows you to sell certain items for money by launching them into space. One item is a personal space craft that bring you to a space station. Pay to upgrade the space station and you will open up a shop with new blueprints. These will significantly effect how to set up your production (see above tip)
- All three bosses have a secret way to defeat them with a puzzle instead of fighting them. This also gives you badges (the badges don’t do anything, they are just achievements).
Boss 1: Moth: Place a Blood Flower on the alter then go down. A Mutated Blood Flower instead of a regular one will get you an achievement that leads to saddle blueprint
Boss 2: Fish: Switch all the enemy holograms to be the same (doesn’t matter which enemy) then pull the lever. Any enemies that were chosen correctly will sparkle and cannot be changed. Repeat this process two more time. On the fourth time, you have a 50/50 chance to correctly guess the position of the last two enemy holograms. Note, by the end all the holograms will be different enemies. The combination changes each time. If you fail, the puzzle just resets and you can try again
Boss 3: Dragon: Put the following items on the 5 altars: Grey – Gold Nugget, Green – Nutritious Egg, Yellow – Cactus Flower, Purple – Mushroom, Pink – Sweet Cane (Purple Bamboo). Note: There are other items that will work as well
- If you are reading this guide anywhere other than Steam guides, this has been plagiarized and the thief is too dumb/lazy to read and edit this line out. Beware of viruses if that is the case.
- You can delete items from your inventory by dragging them to the trash can icon just to the right of the inventory bar.
- You can hold CTRL to half a stack. Keep clicking on the stack to decrease the number of items held by your mouse by 1.
- In my opinion, BioFuel is the best energy type. Coal Generators and Solar Panels take up too much space (and late game, space is very important). While Behemuttium Power is the ‘best’ type of power, it takes a very long time to get going, and the manufacturing process to make the fuel is so complicated that any problems in your production line could cause a loss of power. On the other hand, BioFuel just needs a farm making Sweetcane and some glass bottles to make the fuel. 1-2 Advanced Farms from the late game blueprints store and some bottles should be more than enough to provide enough fuel for your entire planet, no matter how late in the game you are.
- In my opinion, the first skills you should go after, in order are: Fast Learner, Extra Connection II, Overclocked Legs, Enhanced Laser, Sandman, Wood Authority, Super Lubricant, Super Fertilizer, Agriculture, then whatever you want. Always get the ‘Builder Skills’ on the left side of the skills screen as they become highlighted and available (based on the number of skills you already spent). Don’t forget that you need to spend points to unlock the builder skills.
- The Wood Authority skill allows Twig Trees to grow on the grass island. You can transplant these trees the same way as you can move/transplant water plants, by circling them while hitting them with the harvester. Twig Trees can be hit with your harvester to produce twigs without destroying the tree. This is a very good way to get all the twigs you will need for making coal.
- Plants that produce constant items like berries, water or juice cannot be transplanted until after you have removed all the items from them (so you can’t transplant a berry bush until after you have removed all the berries from it).
- USE FERTILIZER ON YOUR FIELDS AND LUBRICANT ON YOUR PRODUCTION BUILDINGS! Fertilizer and Lubricant DOUBLE your production speed. In your skill tree you can learn to make the advanced versions of these, Super Fertilizer and Super Lubricant. These QUADRUPLE your production speed.
- If you find a bird NPC that keeps flying away from you, all you have to do is change you head to any bird skin. You have to have the NPC that allows you to change your look unlocked. You also have to have one of the bird head skins unlocked. You get a stork head for unlocking all the islands.
- You get another achievement from hitting 5 targets with your weapon. The first one is on the NPC island, then there is one that appears on each of the boss islands, then back the the NPC island in the top right corner, and finally back to where the first target was.
- There is a secret Dev Room on an invisible island. You can get skins for all the devs. Just go to the NPC island and use your rocket to jump off the middle left edge of the island. You will jump to an invisible island. There is a hole on the island that you can go down to talk to the developers and get their skins.
- Some Islands will not let you build on them when you first discover them. The NPC island can never be built on. The other islands are ‘Wild Islands’ and will allow you to build ONLY a Biome Scanner on it (which is researched with Explorer Needs III). Once the scanner is built, interact with it to give it the items specified. These items can only be harvested on the island the Biome Scanner was built on. Sometimes the items are very hard to see because of the long grass. At the time of writing this guide, sometimes there are bugs where some items will not spawn. Just log out of the game and then back in (after the Biome Scanner has been built) and that usually fixes the spawning issue. The same fix can also fix another bug where the long grass does not disappear from the island after you have fed the correct items to the Biome Scanner.
- You will eventually get access to a tiny shop kiosk that you can build. Don’t buy anything from it other than the free thing, the saddle and the Personal Spaceship. The other items are single use. You will very soon have access to permanent blueprint versions of these items so save your money!
- Read this tip if you have access to multiple shops where you spend in-game money
Once you get to the space ship, I suggest spending your money in the following order of priority: Upgrade the space station to unlock the blueprint shop. Buy the blueprints. Buy the second space station upgrade, the space walk (allows you to get gems to speed up production speeds), Fully level and upgrade the space walk, then spend your money on whatever
- Get the gemstone materials from the spacewalkas soon as possible. Maxed out, they increase the production speed of your buildings by an additional 50%.
- Read this tip only if you have found a pearl
The pearl can be given to various NPCs to receive their skin. An option to ‘gift’ certain NPCs will only appear if you have a pearl in your inventory. You can get more pearls randomly from asteroids on the space walk. [/list]
You can unlock some skins of content creators by going to the main menu -> extras, and putting in the following codes:
|REAL CIVIL ENGINEER||87649|
You may also be interested in: