Table of Contents Show
Rain World – The Official Jolly Co-op Guide!
Rain World Jolly Co-op Guide
The complete guide on how to play the Co-op mode, Jolly, written by the developer of the mode.
This guide is in progress, I will be adding more info!
How to play
From the main menu, go to Remix and enable Jolly Co-op. Then, go to Story or Expedition mode and you will see a new button to select the players.
Make sure to check the in-game guide for more information! This can be accessed on the top-right corner of the Jolly menu.
- You only need one copy of the game and DLC
- You don’t need any mods
- To play online you can use steam remote play or parsec
- The player limit is 4
- You can only play the three base campaigns for now (surv,monk,hunter), but you can chose any player you want (for example, survivor world, but artificer and saint)
- There are some secrets!
How to play Online
Jolly Coop mode is local. However, you can play with your friends online using Steam Remote Play.
Steam Remote Play
Instantly share your Steam local multi-player games with friends over the internet, for free.
Using Remote Play Together, one player owns and runs the game, then up to four players — or even more with fast connections — can quickly join in the fun. More info here.
How to play with the new Slugcats (MSC)
You have three options:
- Playing on Monk, Survivor or Hunter campaign, with MSC slugcats.
- Play Jolly+Expedition, but story elements will be disabled
- (not recommended) Enable the cheat to play the MSC campaigns with Jolly
Playing on Monk, Survivor or Hunter campaign
This is the default option. Once you have unlocked MSC characters, you can select them in Jolly. For example, you can play in Hunter’s world, but all players are playing with Saint. Or you can play in Monk’s world, Player 1 is Artificer and Player 2 is Survivor. Combinations are endless!
Playing Jolly Co-op and Expedition
You can play co-op in Expedition as well, with all the slugcats, even MSC. You will play in their worlds. However, the story elements will be disabled!
Using the cheat
Disclaimer: expect crashes! This mode is not recommended and is unfinished. However, if you really want to have a taste you can place a .txt file called `garrito_feature.txt` inside the `Rain WorldRainWorld_DataStreamingAssets`. This will unlock Jolly Co-op in all the campaigns.
How to play without the DLC
The original free mod still can be installed. However, it was made for an older Rain World version, so you have to downgrade your game. This can be done easily through Steam.
First, you need to switch to the v1.5 branch.
Switching to an older Rain World Version
0) MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVES.
1) To switch to a custom branch in the Steam client, right-click on the game from the library page and select “Properties”. Among the available tabs will be the “BETAS” tab.
2) Select v1.5
3) Let the game update.
Installing the Old free mod
Visit here to install the mod Jolly Co-op mod here
Mind you this version is no longer maintained and it contains issues!