Table of Contents Show
Country Pursuits is one of the main missions available in Red Dead Redemption 2. Dutch convinces Arthur that they need to kill Angelo Bronte before they rob the bank.
How to get a gold medal in Country Pursuits?
- Return Jules to the skiff within 1 minute and 40 seconds – Jump into the water when you notice that your friend was pulled into the water. Approach the man and carry him to the skiff.
- Shoot the Bullgator 5 times – Shoot the animal right after it emerges from the water. Use the Dead Eye – you will be able to shoot a lot of bullets.
Speak to Dutch at camp, on the balcony, to start this mission. He’s arguing with Hosea about how to respond to Angelo setting you up. Dutch is convinced we need to rob the bank, and first, to rob Angelo. Hosea thinks he’s damning everyone with this fantasy of robbing a bank to open a mango farm in Tahiti.
You don’t really have a say. Follow him on horseback to your next destination – a man named Thomas, who can hook you up with a boat, and help you navigate the swamp as a getaway plan after hitting Angelo Bronte. On the way there, it sounds like Dutch is becoming a bit unhinged.
When you arrive, Thomas will agree to help. But first, he needs to check in with his business partner, Jules, and check the traps in the swamp. There are a lot of gators here, so stick close to Thomas and follow his instructions.
The last trap by the small island is stuck in the mud. Help him pull it out. Looks like something big broke it.
Heading back, Thomas will say “hold up.” Listen to him. You’re surrounded by gators. Again, wait for him to tell you to move.
Eventually, Thomas will pull a Scooby-do and tell you to split up from them. He’s worries they haven’t found Jules yet, and sends you to the right to find him. The area Jules is in is marked on your map in yellow. Check the screenshot below to get am exact look.
Stand under the tree on the marker, and look up to find him. He’s rambling about a monster – a giant gator. Apparently, the beast knocked over the boat and chased him up a tree.
Head over to the skiff and interact with it to prompt a cutscene. The men get into the skiff, but Jules is still spooked.
As you head back to the dock, it seems you’ll hit something. Thomas will send Jules into the water to pull the boat, dismissing his fears of the giant gator.
Well, Jules was right. He gets pulled under. Jump into the water when Dutch tells you to. Go all the way to Jules and pick him up, and carry him back to the boat.
Now shoot the monster gator from the boat. Again, Jules is right. Your shots barely do anything, but it does scare him off eventually.
Gold Medal Requirements
- Shoot the bullgator at least 5 times to meet a Gold Medal requirement.
When it seems to be safe, help Jules by wrapping leg. Rotate the right stick clockwise to wrap his leg, and hold L2 and R2 to apply pressure. It seems he’s okay. But, your friend (not really, the gator) returns.
Keep shooting it to fend it off. When you reach the dock, some people will be waiting for you, and will take Jules off to help him. This marks the end of that terrifying mission. Prepare to raid Mr. Bronte’s manor in Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – A Kind and Benevolent Despot Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Find & Save Jules Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Favored Sons Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – My Last Boy Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Kidnap Bronte From His Mansion Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor Walkthrough