Table of Contents Show
This page of our Red Dead Redemption 2 guide contains a description of the mission Fleeting Joy. Arthur finds the other gang members in Lakay. Unfortunately, the joy does not last long, as the Pinkertons led by Milton appear and attack the camp.
How to get the gold medal in Fleeting Joy?
- Kill 2 Pinkertons using Dead Eye – The sequence is automatic. Lock on to at least two enemies and kill them.
- Execute 5 headshots using the Gatling gun – Even though you have a powerful weapon that literally blows the enemies away, try to aim at their heads.
- Achieve at least 70% accuracy with the Gatling gun – Shoot with a short burst
- Complete the mission without using items that restore your health.
When you arrive, get off your horse and walk forward to proc a cutscene.
They gang will tell you John has been taken by the law, and give you some well needed food. That night, Dutch shows up too.
Strauss tells you Sadie Adler saved them all in Dutch and Arthur’s absence.
Eventually, Bill barges in, and tells everyone he had to ask all around town for them… Idiot. He lead the Pinkertons straight to them all, and they start shooting up the place.
Crawl to the back and follow Sadie out the door, making a left on the dock. He’s taking you to a trapdoor so you can flank the Pinkertons.
When you reach your destination, a short cutscene will play. It’ll immediately throw you into a Dead Eye mode. Prioritize the guy with the gatling gun.
Gold Medal Checklist:
- Make sure to kill 2 Pinkertons during this Dead Eye ambush.
Then, help Sadie and the gang take out more Pinkertons. You have your items back – use them if you need them. Dead Eye will help a lot. Don’t go to the Gatling Gun yet…
After taking out a few of them, Sadie will then tell you to get on the gatling gun. It’s marked yellow on your map.
Gold Medal Requirement:
- Aim carefully here. You only need to tap the trigger to kill someone, and you need to get both 5 headshots and 70% accuracy.
Use it to explode the dynamite – the big red boxes – when enemies post up next to them to easily kill many at one time.
After some time passes, a cutscene will begin. They discuss what they’re going to do, and Dutch says they’ll rescue John… eventually.
Sadie says she’ll figure it out, and tells you to meet her at Doyle’s Tavern in Saint Denis.