Table of Contents Show
Paradise Mercifully Departed
The following section of our Red Dead Redemption 2 guide describes the Paradise Mercifully Departed mission. To leave the island, Arthur and the gang must destroy the artillery positions on the coast and save the ship’s captain.
How to get the gold medal in Paradise Mercifully Departed?
- Silently eliminate the first 2 guards – At the beginning of the mission, approach the first enemy and kill him with a knife.
- Escort captain to the ship in less than 1 minute and 45 seconds – After the hut scene, stay close to your companions all the time, run and kill enemies quickly. You don’t have time to stop!
- Complete the mission in less than 6 minutes and 45 seconds – You have not much time to complete the mission with a gold medal. You have to be very aggressive, kill enemies quickly and run.
- Execute 25 headshots – a classic objective in many RDR2 missions.
This mission automatically begins at the conclusion of Hell Hath No Fury. Alberto Fussar will not allow anyone to leave the island, so, obviously, you gotta murder him.
Follow your crew up the hill, then take out your knife.
Gold Medal Requirement:
- Follow Micah’s instructions – you cannot be seen.
Start the assassination by taking out the closest guide. Micah will take care of the other.
Plant the explosives with R2 on a canon up there. Micah will plant and light his while you do so.
A short cutscene will play, and you’ll find yourself crouched behind a rock. There’s another set of canons up ahead.
Gold Medal Requirement:
- You have to get 25 headshots – which is, well, a lot. Try to get headshots on everyone you shoot.
After killing enough of them, you’ll be able to progress up a hill. Follow Dutch to the next area.
Keep your eyes on the cornfields to the northeast – that’s where you’ll be attacked from. When you’ve killed them all, wait for Micah to plant and set off explosives.
Now, follow Micah to find the captain being held in the compound. When you get close to a building, more enemies will begin shooting.
You can stay here, but it’s easier to get headshots a bit closer – we recommend you push forward with your gang, while taking cover.
Dutch will eventually instruct you to get the captain. He’s in the blue building to the east.
You’ll get jumped. Wait a while while Dutch talks to them, and look at Levi (the captain).
Eventually, you’ll be able to kick the rifle to him, ensuring a safe escape for the three of you.
When you leave, follow the road to the water and head north. A few more enemies will pop out near the arch covered in vines.
Your allies will help you kill them, but this is where you can get those last few head shots you need, if you’ve been working on them.
Once you progress far enough forward, a cinematic will begin, revealing Fussar to be in the tower ahead. Run toward it.
A canon will then be marked on your map in yellow, on your left. Use it to shoot the tower – you can hit it anywhere to take it down.
As it falls, a cutscene will trigger. You’ll say goodbye to your new friend Hercule, and get on the boat with Captain Levi.
On the boat, everyone will discuss the plan. Everyone will split up, find each other again, find money, and get the heck outta there. At least, that’s what Dutch proposes.
You may also be interested in: