Table of Contents Show
The Gilded Cage
The Gilded Cage is the name of the next mission in Red Dead Redemption 2. It is an interesting mission, with a slower pace of action. Arthur and a few gang members go to an official party, where all the creme de la creme of the city’s social life will gather.
How do I get a gold medal in the Gilded Cage mission?
- At the reception fill a few glasses, compliment the outfit of one of the guests, accept the gift and save a life – these are discussed in the below description of the transition.
- Follow the servants without being detected – in this RDR2 mission, the ability to sneak counts. Hide behind the pillars, keep a safe distance and don’t let yourself be noticed.
Start this mission by greeting Hosea by the house at camp. Dutch comes out and tells you to clean up – you’re Cinderella, he says, and Angelo Bronte has invited you to the ball.
The screen fades to black, and when it comes to, you’ll find yourself in a stage coach with Hosea, Bill, and Dutch, dressed to the nines in tuxes.
You must turn in your guns at the door, but you get in without incident. Follow Dutch upstairs to greet Mr. Bronte. He laughs at some men downstairs, going through who’s who, calling them vulgar, and saying they hate him. He also suggests that Dutch kill someone for him, which he politely declines.
Follow Dutch outside after the awkward conversation ends. Now, it’s time to mingle. There are a few things to accomplish if you want to get a Gold Medal.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- Compliment the lady who’s standing in front of the musicians.
- Offer these ladies champagne to pour some drinks.
- When you walk by this man, he will begin choking. Save him. Accept his business card.
- Accept a Gift – this is unknown – please edit this page with this information if you have it.
When you’re done, head to the yellow dot on your map – in front of the fountain. You’ll save the mayor from a drunkard spouting nonsense.
When you return, you’ll become acquainted with the mayor. When the fireworks start, you’ll overhear a servant beckon for the mayor’s attention. Cornwall is on the phone, and the mayor is not happy.
Follow the servant after Dutch tells you to. Stay far enough away so he doesn’t notice you’re tailing him.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- To get a Gold Medal, you cannot be seen. Be extra cautious and be patient.
Once inside, he’ll eventually start yelling to “come here.” Don’t worry – he isn’t talking to you. When he’s done yelling at the maid, he’ll head upstairs. Follow him, slowly, and stay hidden around the corner as he enters an office.
You’ll see him put something in the desk – a ledger. When he leaves that office, you can walk straight up to the desk and take it. Now leave, unseen, and return to Dutch.
Everyone will head out – done with the party. Bill is especially fed up with the hoity-toity people.
Lenny will pick you lot up from the front, of course, after retrieving your weapons. You wake up in your own room the next morning, Dutch already talking to you.
Dutch says “one big score” and you’re all going home, wherever that is.
That’s the end of the mission.
More of this sort of thing: