Table of Contents Show
Good, Honest, Snake Oil
This page contains a description of the Bounty Hunting mission in which you need to catch Benedict Allbright. Finding and getting him into the Valentine jail is part of Good, Honest, Snake Oil main mission. Our walkthrough has information on Benedict Allbright’s whereabouts. Here, you can also learn how to catch him.
How to get a gold medal in Good, Honest, Snake Oil?
- Save Benedict Allbright from falling off the cliff – This has been described above. Pull the man twice.
- Hogtie Allbright in less than 1 minute and 15 seconds – Don’t activate the cinematic camera, just run on your horse as fast as you can. Use your lasso when Benedict gets in your reach and then quickly pull him towards Arthur.
- Get Allbright to the sheriff in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds – Try to use shortcuts when possible. Also, don’t lose a lot of seconds on stowing and taking Allbright off of your horse.
This is probably the first Bounty Hunting mission that you will do in the game. Meet with Malloy, the Valentine sheriff. Go to the Valentine jail. The man gives you task to catch Benedict Allbright. The man must be brought here alive.
Head north, towards the valley that goes along the Dakota river. Choose the narrow path – it will lead you to Allbright’s camp (presented in the picture above).
You now have to pull Benedict so he won’t fall into water. Move the left analog stick up and keep pressing the lift button to help the man. Repeat this sequence.
Even after successful rescue, Allbright will still jump into water. Chase him down the river – you will cross the river on the horse at least once. Use your lasso to catch Allbright. Pull him towards Arthur, hogtie Benedict and stow him on the horse. If you want to, you can also search him – Arthur finds a valuable trinket and a Miracle Tonic (regenerates all the cores).
Cross the river where the ground is more shallow – you don’t want to drown the bounty. Go back to the jail in Valentine. Carry Allbright into one of the cells, and collect your reward – sadly, you only get $50.
Ellie Anne Swan
This page contains a description of the Bounty Hunting mission in which you need to catch Ellie Anne Swan. Find and bring the woman alive to the jail in Valentine. Our description contains information on where to find Ellie Anne Swan and how to catch the “black widow” without killing her.
You can collect this Bounty Hunting contract by visiting the jail in Valentine. Check the poster on one of the walls inside the building. Sheriff Malloy will give you extra information regarding this contract. You need to reach area near Cumberland Falls located west from the town.
The picture above shows Ellie Anne Swans’ hideout – she is inside a small cave right next to the river and the fall.
Don’t attack your bounty by surprise – the man who accompanies Ellie will shoot at you. The more probable scenario is that Ellie will kill her lover. The woman will also charge at Arthur with a knife in her hand. Remember, you need to capture her alive so don’t use any firearms. The best way is to quickly use your lasso and tie the woman before she gets closer to Arthur. It is also possible that the woman will start running. Chase her either on foot or on your horse and catch her with your lasso.
Hogtie the woman and place her on the horse. Go back to the jail in Valentine and carry her into the cell. The reward for catching Ellie Anne Swan is $25.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Good, Honest, Snake Oil Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Ellie Anne Swan Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Red Dead Redemption Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – American Dreams Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Controls for PS4 and Xbox One
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Polite Society, Valentine Style Walkthrough