Table of Contents Show
The classic multiplayer roguelike, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses, and items. Play solo, or team up with up to four friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot, and find a way to escape the planet.
Other Risk of Rain 2 Guides:
- Risk of Rain 2: Console Commands & Cheats
- Risk of Rain 2: Classes Tier List
- Risk of Rain 2: Mercenary Guide
- Risk of Rain 2: Artificer Guide
- Risk of Rain 2: Huntress Guide
- Risk of Rain 2: How to Unlock All Characters
- Risk of Rain 2: What Is The Blue Orb?
- Risk of Rain 2: Lunar Coins & Gold Farming
- Risk of Rain 2: Interactable Objects Guide
- Risk of Rain 2: Newt Alter Locations
With each run, you’ll learn the patterns of your foes, and even the longest odds can be overcome with enough skill. A unique scaling system means both you and your foes limitlessly increase in power over the course of a game–what once was a bossfight will in time become a common enemy.
An in-depth guide on the first survivor in the game.
Commando is the most well rounded, reliable character. His kit is really simple but powerful. It is obvious why he is your first character as all of his skills really teaches you how the game works. Despite being simple, he still has a lot of room for a player to grow and learn how to use him.
- Does less damage the further it travels.
- The longer you hold on to it, the more spread it gets, meaning you become less accurate at a range.
- The above two mean he likes to be up close to his targets
- To accurately attack long distance targets you want to fire in bursts. Let go once you see the crosshair start to flare.
- Is great with on-hit effects.
3 second cooldown
This is your best waveclear option and does respectable damage to a single target. because of it’s insanely short cooldown you should always be using it. however because it is you best waveclear option you should always try to hit as many possible targets as you can.
- Phase Round resets the weapon spread on Double-Tap
- Phase Round fires at the same rate as Double-Tap making it so it is modified by attack speed if you have Backup Magazines
- Phase Round cancels out Suppressive Fire
4 second cooldown
Because of it’s freakishly low cooldown if you know how every enemy works, you can basically never take damage due to the fact that you are invulnerable during the whole roll. Movespeed increases distance. Can be used while using Suppressive Fire, cannot activate Suppressive Fire while rolling.
9 second cooldown
- Your highest damage skill
- Does less damage the further it travels
- Better to use on large enemies than crowds.
- Can make killing imps easier and can stop golems from shooting their laser
- NOT CONFIRMED attack speed reduces how long you are shooting
This skill resets the spread on Double-Tap and has spread of it’s own. If you use Double-Tap right after Suppressive Fire you keep the Suppressive Fire spread. This can be avoided by using Phase Round right after Suppressive Fire, then use Double Tap. Just be careful to not accidentally cancel Suppressive Fire with Phase Round.
Tactical Dive can be used while using Suppressive Fire, cannot activate Suppressive Fire while rolling. This makes an otherwise unsafe skill, safe. Using this makes you invulnerable the entire time you are using Suppressive Fire.
Commando can make equal use of every item. His kit is so well rounded and the item pool just works so well with him that instead of tiering each item and talking about what you should pick up, I’m going to go over how items interact with him. I won’t be going over every item like usual, just ones that stick out.
- Tougher Times, Monster Tooth, Personal Shield Generator, Medkit, Leeching Seed, Harvester’s Scythe, Infusion, Dio’s Best Friend, Rejuvenation Rack, Foreign Fruit, Gnarled Woodsprite: Survivability lets you… welll… stay alive.
- Goat’s Hoof, Energy Drink, Hopoo Feather, Old War Stealth Kit, Wax Quail, Hopoo Feather : Mobiity helps you dodge attacks and roam the map faster so you can avoid the difficulty scaling higher than you gear.
- Len’s Maker Glasses, Tri-Tip Dagger, Sticky Bomb, ATG Missile MK. 1, Runald’s Band, Kjaro,’s Band, Ukulele, Sentient Meat Hook: Hands down, Comm has the best on-hit power in the game. Between Double-tap and Suppressive Fire, there is no reason you should not be grabbing these as your primary damage.
- Soldier’s Syringe, Warbanner, Predatory Instincts, and Berserker’s Pauldron: Attack speed means more shots which means more on-hit whic = win
- Bandolier, Alien Head, Brainstalks, and Hardlight Afterburner: Your cooldowns are already so freakishly low that these are almost overkill. However, it makes you more consistent and way stronger.
- Backup Magazine: Phase Round is a fantastic skill and because of it’s low cooldown, you can easily reach a point that you use Phase Round as often as if it were your M1.