With audiotape locations and pointers for that speedrun.
These should pop up at key points during a comprehensive first run. The points being:
The Waning Light
Dusk falls on Black Sage Ranch
Picking up the trailer master key in the Rectory.
The Sun is Gone
Night falls on Black Sage Ranch
Reading the note found on the corpse in the Mines.
A New Day
The Sun Rises at Black Sage Ranch
Emerging from the depths of the Chapel to daylight.
Collect all audiotapes
You will most likely get all 12 audiotapes during your first run if you take your time and explore every building and trailer you can access throughout the game. Keep in mind that audiotapes double as save points if you listen to them. The map below shows the locations of them in case you missed any.
- 01 – On a dining table in the Community Hall.
- 02 – In the Farm Shed.
- 03 – In Andrew’s Trailer.
- 04 – In Viola’s Trailer.
- 05 – On a desk in the School.
- 06 – On the altar in the cleansing room of the Rectory.
- 07 – In Leonard’s Trailer.
- 08 – In Lilian’s Trailer.
- 09 – On the table at the upper floor of the Cleansing Rooms.
- 10 – On the corpse found in the Mines.
- 11 – On the altar in the Chapel.
- 12 – On the table in the first room of Temple.
Complete the game in under 20 minutes
The below pointers will get you to the Chapel in roughly six minutes. After that it takes around seven minutes to go through the in-game cutscenes that can’t be skipped, clocking about fifteen minutes in total. As the achievement title suggests, be sure to sprint at all times. Also, don’t use the pointers for your first run since you won’t be visiting the optional areas required for the complete collection of the audiotapes.
- Press escape to skip the opening cutscene.
- Pick up the wirecutters from the trunk of the car.
- Use the wirecutters on the fence to gain access to the compound.
- Pick up the gate key from the first room on the left in the Community Hall.
- Use the gate key to gain access to the rest of the ranch.
- Use the code 0603 to unlock the padlock to Rectory.
- Get the trailer master key from the cleansing room of the Rectory.
- Access Leonard’s Trailer and get the boltcutters.
- Use the boltcutters to access Payton’s trailer and get the shovel.
- Use shovel to dig up the second floor key hidden in the cornfields.
- Return to Rectory and access to James’ room on the second floor.
- Use the code 3564 to open the safe and get the Seal.
- Go over the hills and place the Seal on the door to access the Chapel.
Find the hidden evil in the title screen
A hint for this one can be found in the paper left in the typewriter located in the backroom of the first floor of the Rectory.
Plug in a gamepad and press Right Bumper + A (that is R1 + X if you use a PS-styled one) to start a new game. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘New Game’ option while holding down the sprint key on your keyboard. The achievement name and icon, coupled with the resulting audio cue suggests a nod to classic Resident Evils. Kudos to the developer for the homage.