Table of Contents Show
- 1. Technical questions
- 1.1. Frogwares support
- 1.2. If the game doesn’t work properly (doesn’t launch, crashes, etc.)
- 1.3. Steam says the game is already running
- 2. General gameplay questions
- 2.1. Difficulty settings
- 2.2. The Press feature
- 2.3. When you don’t know what to do next
- 2.4. Achievements
- 3. Cases walkthrough tips
- 3.1. Chapter 1 – Baker Street
- 3.2. Chapter 2 – Thames Port
- 3.3. Chapter 3 – Asylum
- 3.4. Chapter 4 – Louisiana Port
- 3.5. Chapters 5 – Louisiana Mansions
- 3.6. Chapter 6 – Louisiana Swamps
- 3.7. Chapter 8 – Lighthouse
This guide was created to answer the questions that players usually ask. It comprises 3 parts: technical, global gameplay and chapters gameplay questions. You can also watch video walkthrough here.
If something is not clear, or there is not enough information, or anything else, please comment and we will improve the FAQ.
1. Technical questions
1.1. Frogwares support
Important: If you encounter any technical issues (crashing, slowness, or graphical problems), please contact us at frogwares.com/support and attach the following information:
1. Your DxDiag file:
– From the Windows desktop, press the Windows and R keys to open the Run window.
– In the Open field of the Run window, type dxdiag. Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool. If prompted to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes.
– In the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool window, choose Save All Information.
– In the Save As window, the DirectX* information is saved as a text (.TXT) file. Choose the Desktop or another easily accessible location to save your file, and then click Save.
2. Describe the issue and add a screenshot or video of this issue, if possible
3. Add an archive of the Saved folder:
– Find the folder at: %userprofile%AppDataLocalSHTASaved
– Use a ZIP tool (WinRar, 7Zip ar any other) to archive the folder
This will help us identify the issue much faster.
Also, please make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date. Thank you!
1.2. If the game doesn’t work properly (doesn’t launch, crashes, etc.)
Q: My game crashes at random or certain point
- Relaunch Steam Application (or reboot your PC);
- Check if your PC meets minimum configuration requirements:
Verify the game cache integrity, for details check here.
1.3. Steam says the game is already running
Q: I cannot start the game because Steam says it is already running
A: Please try relaunching your Steam client
2. General gameplay questions
2.1. Difficulty settings
Q: What are the differences between difficulty settings?
A: See below:
It’s difficulty for players who want a balanced experience.
Master of Deduction
It’s difficulty for players who like being challenged and completing games on their maximum, and also fans of investigation games who would like to challenge themselves.
Custom difficulty allows you to adjust the experience to your liking.
|Features||Young Detective / Master of Deduction||Gameplay difference|
|Investigation Progress Notifications||On / Off||All notifications are enabled / notifications like “All key evidence are collected” are disabled|
|Interactivity Icons||On / Off||Action icons are enabled / disabled|
|Interactivity highlight||On / Off||Option with highlighting Interactivity Icons is enabled / disabled|
|Lockpicking skip||On / Off||Option with Lockpicking skipping is enabled / disabled|
|Imagination||Normal / Challenging||Indication about wrong points and wrong figures is enabled / disabled|
|Mind Palace||Normal / Challenging||Removing wrong evidences after validation of question is enabled / disabled|
2.2. The Press feature
Sometimes the suspects are not yet ready to crack and need more convincing before they will confess. In such cases, you will see a Press on option. Note that once selected, you might not be able to back out. The Press on option opens a special interface, where you have to select the correct evidence for each of the accusation statements. For each category, Sherlock will point to the evidence and the suspect will react to it either positively or negatively. You can only win an interactive Accusation if all 3 evidence items were selected correctly.
There are 4 The Press conversations in the game. Here are the right answers to all of them:
|Name||Answer #1||Answer #2||Answer #3|
|Roy Solby||Kimihia’s abductor||Solsby’s calling card||Character Portrait: Roy Solsby|
|Barman||Kimihia’s abductor||Roy Solsby’s testimony||Character Portrait: Barman|
|Heidi||Investigating the Edelweiss||Gerda’s Testimony||A note from Professor Becker|
|Lucy||Love Letter from Arneson||Photo of Arneson with Lucy||Engagement ring|
2.3. When you don’t know what to do next
Q: I’m travelling from one location to the next and don’t know what to do. How do I know what I’ve missed?
A: You can always find out what to do next by opening “How to play” menu. Here are several advices which may help to continue your walkthrough:
– Casebook. All of the cases Sherlock takes are recorded inside the Casebook. Evidence are crucial for investigation, they contain all the vital information, such as names and adresses. An evidence item can have additional icons above it. It’s a hint about what you can do with it.
– Mind Palace. Questions are shown in the Mind Palace. Answer all of Questions to
progress to the next chapter. Often you will not have all correct evidence to answer each question, so keep investigating until you do.
– Pinned Evidence. Certain investigative actions require pinned evidence. In Concentration mode certain Points of Interest appear when you have the relevant evidence pinned. In Enquiries with passers-by, Sherlock will only ask about the pinned evidence.
There is separate detailed guide for all achievements in the game –
3. Cases walkthrough tips
Below there are tips for the most frequently encountered problems. You can also see the video walkthrough for all 8 chapters on Youtube
3.1. Chapter 1 – Baker Street
Q: I don’t know where to go/what to do after examining Barnes Bookshop
A: After Barnes escaping, perform a following steps:
- Find cactus catalog
- Find dead flowers
- Look at miss Flemming through the window
- Go outside and examine miss Flemming’s flowers
- Speak with miss Flemming
- Solve Mind Palace question
- Go to bookshop and speak with Barnes
Q: I don’t know how to end investigation in Stenwick’s mansion
A: Perform the following steps:
- Speak with Stenwick and policeman;
- Go to the yard to investigate the crime scene;
- Find the place with footprints and tobacco (near the statue);
- Find the cart tracks;
- Investigate the back door;
- Find the place where somebody fell into the grain, find the telescope;
- Find the brazier with opium leftovers;
- Find the tube on the other side, footprints underneath;
- Speak to Stenwick and reveal the truth to him;
- Finish investigation with imagination scene;
- Speak to Stenwick and reveal the truth to him
- Go outside through the back door and follow the tracks
- Find Kimihia cart, sailor’s knot and the wallet
3.2. Chapter 2 – Thames Port
Q: I don’t know where to find a proper warehouse
A: A marked warehouse is located here:
3.3. Chapter 3 – Asylum
Q: I can’t pass the guard in Block B
A: Perform the following steps:
- Interact with these items:
- – Take syringes that are in the fridge;
- – Take the sedative from the Examination Room at the upper floor;
- – Click on metal tubes in the Storage Room;
- Find the correct answer to the “How to safely remove the Block B guard” question in Mind Palace;
- Go to the Storage Room and take the metal tube;
- Go to the bars near the guard and click on the interactive point.
3.4. Chapter 4 – Louisiana Port
Q: The auction is over, and I don’t know what to do next
A: Watson wants to change clothes. You have to go to a place, where the chapter has started and interact with clothes placed on a railing.
3.5. Chapters 5 – Louisiana Mansions
Q: I don’t know how to end investigation in Arneson’s mansion
A: Perform the following steps:
- Find two wavy green circle on the ground right after entering
- Try to open a door with a horse symbol
- Find a candle on the ground
- Find a candlestick located also on the ground near a table
- Find a blood spot near a lying chair
- Find the garbage near the fireplace and a wavy green circle on a wooden stand
- Examine two bodies
- Find the table on the kitchen with cups of tea
- Find a photo with hunters on the second floor
Q: What is the code of the safe?
A: The code is mentioned on the painting. It’s 1862, from the painting of the first hunting.
3.6. Chapter 6 – Louisiana Swamps
Q: I can’t complete maze on a boat in swamp
A: Use a hint from Casebook:
or watch a walkthrough –
3.7. Chapter 8 – Lighthouse
Q: I came to the cave but a I don’t know what to do next.
You may also be interested in: