Table of Contents Show
- Slime Rancher 2 Complete Guide
- Rainbow Fields
- Rainbow Fields Gordos
- Rainbow Fields Treasure Pods
- Rainbow Fields Maps
- Ember Valley
- Ember Valley Gordos
- Ember Valley Treasure Pods
- Ember Valley Maps
- Starlight Strand
- Starlight Strand Treasure Pods
Hello to all your rancher out there! There is a ton of new stuff to explore on Rainbow Island in Slime Rancher 2 and it’s all very exciting! Now are we going to sit around and ranch pink slimes for a few hours? No way, there’s treasure out there!
Slime Rancher 2 Complete Guide
Are you ready to go treasure hunting?
You are? Great! In this guide I will be sharing my findings on Rainbow Island and how to get them yourselves. I’ll include a quick glossary of the different types of collectibles and how they work, but you can skip this if you already know. Also, this guide, much like Slime Rancher 2, is still a Work In Progress as I continue to explore Rainbow Island myself.
I’ll divide the sections of the guide based off of region followed by collectible type in the following order:
- Treasure Pods
- Other Curios
Gordos – Gordos are a group of slimes that fused together to become incredibly large, unmovable, and in the way. The only way to get around a Gordo is to go through them. Gordos will glady eat any amount of food you give it as long as it matches the particular slime’s dietary preference. Once they eat enough, they will burst into smaller slimes and the path will be cleared. Gordos are filled up faster by their favorite foods so you should always try to seek those out if possible.
Treasure Pods – These small, strange devices are scattered about Rainbow Island in tight corners and off the beaten path. Once opened, they will give you new blueprints for your Gadgets and Upgrades. Sometimes they may also contain or be located near rare crafting materials. On the map of any given region it will tell you how many pods you have left to find.
Maps – Chances are you’ve already found these, which is why I list them below the other collectibles. Picking up one of these will reveal a section of the region on your map and will allow things such as Gordos to appear. Maps are often in the open and very easy to find.
The first and most simple area to navigate. You won’t need many upgrades to get a good majority of these collectibles, but I’ll let you know if something is needed. In the Rainbow Fields there are entries for this guide for:
- 3 Gordos
- 14 Pods
- 2 Maps
Rainbow Fields Gordos
- How to Find: Right outside of the Conservatory on the left, there is an opening. Along that path there is a crack in the wall (pictured above) that leads to a hill. Look towards the hill and you’ll see a secret cave.
- Feeding: This Gordo wants Cuberries, which grow rarely on the 2nd half of the Rainbow Fields. Your best strategy is to grow the Cuberries yourself or rely on Pogofruits.
- Rewards: Shoot a Tabby Plort on the Slime Statue to reveal a Treasure Pod with a Tank Liner (part) inside
- How to Find: Walk out into the main area before the Refinery Link in the Rainbow Fields. On the left there is a wall of rocks with a hill going upwards next to it. Go up and you’ll find the Gordo.
- Feeding: Carrots grow everywhere here and will make up your main source of veggies for this Gordo. However, right behind the Cotton Gordo there is a patch of its favorite food, Water Lettuce.
- Rewards: Portal to Starlight Strand Valley
- How to Find: Go to to the Refinery Link. Then make a turn right and keeping heading towards the range of arcing rocks. Underneath one of the arches is a passage to the Gordo.
- Feeding: This Gordo will eat literally anything and has no favorites so feel free to scavenge around!
- Rewards: A geyser will be revealed that will lift you up to the Portal to Ember Valley
Rainbow Fields Treasure Pods
Side Island 1 Pod
- How to Find: Starting at the Conservatory and heading right along the coast, you’ll find a cluster of land. Carefully jump across the gaps and you’ll find the pod buried near the wall.
- Rewards: Hydro Turret (blueprint)
Side Island 2 Pod
- How to Find: Near the Side Island 1 Pod facing inland, there is a formation of rocks next to the cliffside. Hidden between some of these rocks is a sneaky Treasure Pod.
- Rewards: Health Module II (blueprint)
- How to Find: Near the Refinery Link, there is a drop down to a coastal side path. Through a round hole in some rocks, you can follow a path to find a little cove with a pod inside.
- Rewards: Emerald Cypress (decor)
- How to Find: After going through the tunnel next to the Refinery Link, there is an off-stretch of land on the left. Go to the lower level of it and travel through a passage. Turn around and you can spot this pod.
- Rewards: Med Station (blueprint)
Ember Valley Portal Pod
- How to Find: After opening up the Ember Valley portal, go behind it and you’ll see a pathway going down. Follow it and you’ll find this pod.
- Rewards: Emerald Cypress Cluster (decor)
- How to Find: On the way to the Ember Valley portal, there is a set of archways on the right. Parkour or jetpack up to them to find this pod.
- Rewards: Overjoyed Statue (decor)
- How to Find: Right next to the Refinery Link, there is a small hill that you’ll need the jetpack to get ontop of and find a pod resting there.
- Rewards: Large Pink Bonsai (decor)
Angry Cat Pod
- How to Find: Near the Side Island (see above) there is another island with skull signs that needs a jetpack to get to. Once landed, you’ll be attacked by Feral Phosphor Tabby Largos as you climb up the island to this pod.
- Rewards: Small Boulder (decor)
- How to Find: Very close to the Hilltop Pod there is a TALL set of rocks that you’ll need a jetpack and tons of energy to scale; with a pod waiting for you.
- Rewards: (#1 Slime Stage (decor)
Rainbow Fields Maps
- How to Find: Pretty much just head down the main path of the Rainbow Fields before the Refinery Link and it’s right there.
- How to Find: Once exiting the tunnel next to the Refinery Link, turn right and you’ll see a winding pathway going upwards. Follow it through and you’ll see the map.
The dry, rocky, and fiery lands of Ember Valley necessitate careful movements and a jetpack very early on. Due to this, I will not mention every time you need a jetpack for this area, so be prepared. In the Ember Valley there are entries for this guide for:
- 1 Gordo
- 24 Pods
- 2 Maps
Ember Valley Gordos
- How to Find: On your way past the Lava Bats (see Ember Valley Maps) turn left and you’ll see an offshoot tunnel. Follow it and you’ll find a self-contained lava cave with a Batty Gordo at the end.
Ember Valley Treasure Pods
- How to Find: Near where you find Map 1 (seen below) and the multiple geysers, there’s a dip down to a coastline. Head down and turn around to see a pod hidden in the rocks. (I know the Map image is missing, will fix later)
- Rewards: Amber Cypress (decor)
- How to Find: Walk down the main path until you come across a group of Feral Angler Largos. Towards the end, if you can avoid getting bit, there is a geyser. Let it launch you up to two ledges. Land on the lower one and there is a hidden pod.
- Rewards: Medium Pink Coral Columns (decor)
Angler Jump Pod
- How to Find: In the same area as the Angler Pod, head towards the end and you’ll see a gap between some rocks that can be jetpacked across for a pod.
- How to Find: Later on into the Ember Valley, you can find a cave with some slime statues lined up. There is a geyser you can use to get up to a walkway near the statues. Continue onwards and you’ll find some Water Slimes and this pod.
- Rewards: Vac Tank (part)
Lava Dust Pod
- How to Find: In the same area as Map 2 (see below), there is a Lava Valley where the next few treasure pods located. At the very bottom of this valley is a lava river with many spots to collect Lava Dust. Follow the trail to this pod.
- Rewards: Magma Pool (decor)
Lava Forest Pod
- How to Find: At the end of the Lava Valley there is little red forest with some slimes. Towards the end of the forest is this pod.
- Rewards: Medium Red Ashwood (decor)
Lava Forest Pod 2
- How to Find: After getting the Lava Forest Pod, turn around and located a platform next to a pillar with some slime statues. There will be a pod there.
- Rewards: Tall Magma Clump (decor)
- How to Find:
- Rewards: Sunfire Daises (decor)
Ember Valley Maps
- How to Find: Without a jetpack, this map is seemingly impossible to reach. All you need to do is ride the geysers and you’ll be launched up to this map.
- How to Find: Make your way towards the left half of Ember Valley past where you would find Map 1. You’ll stumble into a fiery section filled with Lava Bats. Use your jetpack to make it across unscathed and above it all on the other side is a set of green platforms leading to the map.
In the Starlight Strand there are entries for this guide for:
- 0 Gordos
- 1 Pod
- 2 Maps
Starlight Strand Treasure Pods
Honey Cave Pod
- How to Find: Follow the main path from the portal for a bit. You”ll come across a side path on the left with a large door. Shoot a Honey Plort into the slime statue to open up the door and reveal a cave with a pod.
- Rewards: Storage Cell (part)
You may also be interested in: