An ACTUAL guide to assigning hotkeys!
Assigning Hotkeys (Quickslots) for easy weapon swaps
Many people have been spamming the devs with demands for item quickslots and rightfully so!
But the devs did listen and implemented Hotkeys! (Bless their souls)
I present to you an ACTUAL guide to assigning hotkeys for your weapons/consumables instead of the usual “hold ‘I’ to bring up your backpack and choose your weapons manually.”
(Intro is longer than the guide itself kekw)
- 1. Open your inventory by pressing ” I ” by default
- 2. Hover your mouse over the desired item you wish to assign to a quickslot
- 3. Notice the grey “empty” square on the top right corner of your tooltip
- 4. Now press 1-0 to assign it a quickslot and see the number inside the grey square appear/change
- 5. Close your inventory and enjoy the game the way it’s supposed to be played
I still enjoy opening and using my backpack for miscellaneous stuff but i can’t be bothered using it during combat it was giving me a headache for a long time now. Let your enemies feel the power of instantaneous item swaps!
A little disclaimer!
I found out going through the community discussions that some peeps stumbled upon a bug where quickslotting your 3D printed Flask would disappear upon use. So you might refrain from assigning it, at least until the bug get’s fixed.
You may also be interested in: