Table of Contents Show
- Soul Knight Guide
- Soul Knight Living Room Walkthrough
- Soul Knight Gift Codes
- Soul Knight Tips and Tricks
- Soul Knight Rings
- Soul Knight Multiplayer
- What weapon colors mean
- How to grow plants
- Soul Knight Plants
- Soul Knight Boss Rush Mode
- Soul Knight How to Unlock the Robot
- Soul Knight Nirvana Cross
- Soul Knight Statues Effects
Soul Knight is a roguelike game openly inspired by Enter the Gungeon. Check out our Soul Knight Guide, Tips, Cheats & Strategy.
Soul Knight Guide
In this game, you will have to navigate the darkest depths of a dungeon full of dangerous threats… and weapons. There are more than a hundred different weapons that you can use to kill the monsters that you meet along the way.
Soul Knight Living Room Walkthrough
Before you go to a dungeon, you’ll be in the living room. The first thing you should do here – choose a character.
At the time of writing this article, there were 14 available characters in Soul Knight. Each of them has certain stats by default and a unique ability. You can find more information about them in the article ‘’Soul Knight characters guide’’, but here we will enumerate all available characters:
Knight will be available by default. Every character can be improved – up to 6 updates maximum. It requires gems, and only one of the stats improves. Usually, the last update gives some defined passive ability. In addition, you can choose a skin for each character. It influences nothing – it’s just a cosmetic function.
Living room (preparation)
All available characters are in the living room. In the middle at the top, there is the door with ‘’two swords’’, which you can use to set off on a trip into the dungeon. To the left of the passageway there are:
Chest – you can find here a random item before the walkthrough. You have to pay 1000 gems. One of the following items will drop: Pitchfork, Pioneer, Shotgun, Desert Eagle, Snow Fox XL, Revolver, Bow, AK-47, Assault Rifle, Ninja Stars.
Safe – you can improve it to receive some gold (don’t confuse it with gems, gold is used to buy some items during a concrete walkthrough) at the beginning of each walkthrough.
Fridge – it gives an access to the gems shop where you can buy them for real money, get them for free if you watch a commercial, or buy the card Free Revival Card (you can revive once in a walkthrough using gems, watching a commercial, or using this card). We don’t recommend to buy the latter.
Gashapon Machine – you can buy a gashapon for 200 gems. If interacted with, the gashapon will crack open, some item will appear. It can be a random weapon as well as a bomb, which damages your character. A gashapon can also be empty, contain a certain amount of gems (10, 20, 60, 100, 200, 500), small or big health potions.
At the bottom on the left, there are stairs leading to the basement. Here you can see a gun collection, the bestiary of enemies you have already defeated, and lower – you can learn more about opened characters and pets. On the left of the table located in the middle of the room there are Wizard and Vampire with The Book Pile nearby. You can get an additional critical chance of improving these books for gems.
Later you can see here:
- Plant – use your gems to improve the plant and to increase the base speed of your character.
- Mail Guy – he gives you a daily bonus.
- Badass Travel – allows activating Badass Mode (high difficulty mode).
- Lucky Cat – donations for developers.
- Pet Food – it gives additional Pet health points. Although it doesn’t die, it stops attacking enemies after he received a great amount of damage.
In the room on the right, there is a trader with three shelves (you can get specific items, which are renewed once in some period of time or immediately for 250 gems).
On the left of the trader, there is a TV – watch it to get the item lying opposite the TV. On the right of the trader, there are spare parts – unlocking an Engineer you can build the Robot from them, which is available for the passing of dungeons.
On the bottom right there is the chest with collected components for crafting, a little more to the left – the smith’s table. You can use the latter to craft different weapons but only after you found it at least 10 times.
Outside the living room there are four Garden Plots, where you can grow vegetables used as weapons.
Soul Knight Gift Codes
Codes in Soul Knight are divided into 2 categories – some of them work unconditionally, but to use the other you have to change a date on your smartphone with Android to 1 May 2017. Otherwise, it might not work.
A list of gift codes that will give you free gems.
In any case, we recommend to check your phone settings and set this date, then launch the game, and click the ‘’cogwheel’’ symbol on the main screen at the bottom left. There are several sections in the settings menu, find the button with the ‘’lock’’ symbol in it. Go there and start to enter bonus passwords:
- 100000 – 500 gems
- 18NTDRO – 1010 gems
- 6KKNTQE – 1000 gems
- BYETIGER – 777 gems
- DCDYX – 333 gems
- DESTLAD – 1111 gems
- DRUID – 999 gems
- DUOSHOU – 500 gems
- DXGTM – 600 gems
- GDX6KK – 888 gems
- GOSDAD – 666 gems
- HMBSJ – 369 gems
- KLWYX – 666 gems
- LWYXZYBGX – 800 gems
- NDAYSK – 800 gems
- NEWHALL – 999 gems
- QDKYS – 577 gems
- ROMMO – 800 gems
- SFESTIV – 888 gems
- SFXMAS2017 – 666 gems
- SKBACK – 999 gems
- SKGIFT – 500gems
- SKNIGHT – 488 gems
- SUPER5 – 555, free trial voucher x3
- VDAYKLE – 600 gems
- XNYDJ – 500 gems
- ZSDHMK – 500 gems
The next list of passwords requires you to set the date on your smartphone to May 1, 2017:
- 51KUAILE – 1000 gems
- DZBKQ – 888 gems
- LBLGYB – 1000 gems
- LTZJR – 666 gems
- SQSHBB – 500 gems
- ZIJIREN – 666 gems
Soul Knight Tips and Tricks
1. Don’t forget to take items from chests appearing after you cleaned-up rooms. Destroy wooden boxes to get energy if it’s necessary.
2. Try to use a type of weapons that doesn’t consume energy or consumes a minimum amount of it (1 unit per shot). On the other hand, weapons that consume a lot of energy (as the elite rocket launcher – 5 per one volley) cause a great damage. It’s very useful in battles with bosses.
3. Don’t forget to use the unique abilities of your character. They have a cooldown but they recover for free. There is no point to save it.
4. Try to choose one of the characters and play him for a long time leveling up various levels.
5. Visit the right room of the main screen to receive weapons for TV viewing.
6. Watch the TV near traders during the walkthrough to get gold.
7. It’s better to spend gold on the recruitment of followers, bonuses from statues and various potions. Buy weapons as a last resort, because enemies drop it in quantity, or you can find it in chests.
8. Before taking an item from platforms in a room, think, do you need it? You have to fight one or two turrets if you take it.
9. Use different obstacles as covers including trees, statues, metal boxes which allow hiding from shells. This is particularly true for boss battles because bosses fire a lot of shots at once.
10. Enter the game every day to get gems as bonuses.
11. Interact with the fridge from time to time, visit the gems shop, and watch a video to get gems for free.
12. Don’t forget to enter gift codes for Soul Knight, which grants you 10-12 thousands of gems from the very beginning of the game and allows to level up the Knight to 5th (next to last) level.
13. It’s advisable to go to the Settings and click on the «cogwheel» symbol. There will be several buttons, but you need to find the image of the left stick which is used to control a character. Put the «lock» symbol on it to make this element fixed. In this case, it will not move outside the screen, as it could be in the case of a movable joystick.
14. There’s no need to clean up all the rooms on the level – you can reach a portal and move to the next level.
15. Destroy boxes if you don’t have enough energy. It’s preferable to use weapons which don’t consume energy.
16. Before a shot, enemies often have a “red exclamation mark” symbol. Use it to defend yourself.
17. Your pet is not just a decoration. First, it distracts enemies from you, secondly, it damages them. However, if your pet gets too much damage, it will be injured and become worthless.
18. Study information about bonuses at the end of levels carefully and choose truly useful ones. For example, there is no reason to use the bullets bounce bonus if you use a rocket launcher or melee. In the latter case, it’s better to take the bonus, which allows reflecting shells using melee.
Soul Knight Rings
You will receive your first ring before you first multiplayer game. It is chosen randomly. To get other rings, you need to play with other players. Keep in mind that they have to equip rings of another color. At the end of the run, you can get a new ring among other rewards. Besides, you can melt the ring in the Reforging Furnace. If you get a ring of another color, you keep it forever.
List of rings
Red ring. When activated, all players get a 3-second buff that increases the size of bullets and doubles damage. The use costs 8 energy points, the cooldown is 8-10 seconds. It does not affect the efficiency of melee attacks and is less efficient with lasers.
- The player automatically switches to primary weapon after activating the ring.
- Affects the statue shells;
- Affects the reflected bullets;
- Affects the special skill shots;
- Does not affect mercenaries’ attacks;
- After using the knight’s special attack, affects both weapons. Thus, your character will be dealing 4x damage.
Blue ring. After activation creates a laser beam between players that deals 3 damage but does not have critical damage. Does not consume energy.
- If a teammate is too far, the effect does not work;
- Laser ignores any obstacles and destroys boxes;
- The size of the beam can be increased with the laser weapon buff;
- Using the skill increases the movement speed.
- If the player who activated the ring switches weapons, the effect will end.
Yellow ring. After activation, all teammates get 1 armor and the aura that accelerates armor regeneration. Using the ring costs 8 energy and has a very long cooldown.
- The player automatically switches to primary weapon after activating the ring.
- The effect is similar to the priest’s special ability.
Green ring. After activation restores 1 HP to all players. Using the ring costs 15 energy, the cooldown is 15 seconds.
- The player automatically switches to primary weapon after activating the ring;
- The knight can combine using the ring and his special ability, which will restore each teammate 2 HP and consume 30 energy. The cooldown stays the same.
Soul Knight Multiplayer
You can play Soul Knight in a company of 2 to 4 people. The game can be started by any player.
- The player hosts a game in a local Wi-Fi network or activates a portable hotspot on the phone.
- Then, he chooses the difficulty (normal or brutal) and proceeds to the character selection screen.
- After that, other players can join the room and choose a character, skin and a ring.
- Once all players have chosen rings and pressed ‘Ready’, the host can start the adventure.
- Before the game, you can see the equipment of all the players.
- If the match was interrupted, but you want to return to the game, press ‘Continue’ on the starting screen.
- You can find large chests in the dungeon. To unlock them, each player has to stand on the button in the room. These chests contain more weapons, depending on how many players are in the game.
- The store will have more items.
- There will be more chests in rooms with bosses.
- Each player receives gold and energy as a reward. You can see yours only.
- The host of the game chooses which buffs players unlock between the levels. The buff is applied to all players at once.
- Each statue can only be used once by each player. The statue effects are individual for each player.
- In multiplayer, you can see only health of your teammates (without armor).
- You can revive the fallen teammate. To do so, just come close to them and press the action button. In 5 seconds, the teammate will be revived with 1 HP and no armor. There are no limitations regarding the resurrection. When any of the players reaches the portal, all teammates will automatically revive.
- You will lose the game if all players die.
- When a player enters a new room with enemies, all other players automatically teleport there.
- The number of enemies and their health increases by approximately 50% compared to singleplayer.
What weapon colors mean
- White — Common. The most common weapons in the game: rifles, SMGs, machine guns, pistols and shotguns.
- Green — Uncommon. Advanced weapons with additional effects such as burning or freezing: rocket launchers, flamethrowers, laser guns.
- Blue — Rare. Such weapons can have additional attack modes.
- Purple — Very rare. Weapons with unique characteristics.
- Orange — Epic. Just like blue weapons, but special attacks can be stronger.
- Red — Legendary. Dropped by bosses, these weapons have unique characteristics.
How to grow plants
- You need seeds to grow plants. Seeds can be found in green chests in the dungeon or dropped by bosses. You can also buy seeds from the trader in the workshop or from the gashapon machine.
- Once you acquire the seeds, use the shovel to dig up the garden plot and plant the seeds.
- Then, you need to water the plant at least once a day before it grows. Plants need from 1 to 6 days to grow, depending on their type.
Tips: If you don’t want to wait, use fertilizer, which will reduce the waiting time to one day. The fertilizer can be found in the dungeons, bought from the gashapon machine and bought from the trader in the workshop.
Soul Knight Plants
|Name||Growth Time||Number of uses||Resource Given|
|Gem Flower||1 day||Single||288 Gems|
|Gear Flower||1 day||Single||3 Parts|
|Ironwood||1 day||Single||3 Ironstone|
|Trumpet Flower||1 day||Single||4 Organic Matter|
|Oak Tree||3 days||Single||10 Timber|
|Gem Tree||4 days||Recharges after 1 day||222 Gems|
|Name||Growth time||Number of uses||Description|
|Carrot||1 day||Single||Melee weapon that deflects enemy shots and attacks enemies around the character|
|Green onions||1 day||Single||Acts both as a ranged and melee weapon|
|Vine||2 days||Single||Swings at a moderate distance with moderate Critical Chance that applies Poison on crit|
|Bamboo||3 days||Recharges after 1 day||Used as a ranged throwable weapon and as a melee weapon with a thrusting attack when close to the enemy|
Buff and unique plants
|Name||How to get||Growth time||Effect|
|Dragon Fruit Tree||Baby Dragon Bros||4 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Fire resistance buff|
|Cactus||Random drop||3 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Trap resistance buff|
|Magic Flower||Random drop||3 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Get energy whenever you kill a monster buff.|
|Devil’s Snare||Devil’s Snare||7 days (Rechargeable)||Gives a pet which shoots 3-way poisonous projectiles, can be used once per run|
|Titan Arum||Random drop||1 day (Single use)||Gives a pet that does 5 melee damage, can be used once per run|
|Mandrake||Varkolyn Leader||2 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Immunity to poison buff|
|Caterpillar Fungus||Volcanic Sandworm||3 days (Rechargeable)||Gives the Increase Maximum health buff|
|Crystal Mushroom||Giant Crystal Crab / Phantom King||2 days (Rechargeable)||Gives Get more gems each game buff|
|Heptacolour Viola||Random drop / Grand Knight||1 day (Single use)||Gives an extra slot for Buffs. Multiple plants can stack|
Soul Knight Boss Rush Mode
The Boss Rush Mode is a gameplay mode unlocked once the Garden becomes available.
How to Unlock Boss Rush Mode
Boos Rush Access
To unlock Boss Rush Mode, the player must:
- Beat the game by reaching level 3-6 at least once.
- Meet Valkyrja during runs and buy 3 feathers from her.
After the player has met 2 requirements above, Boss Rush Mode can be accesible in the Garden. The NPC Valkyrja will spawn on top of the gravestone which is the entrance to Boss Rush Mode.
When the player tries to interact with Valkyrja, she will offer access to Boss Rush Mode, if one has at least one Feather. Boss Rush can be attempted 3 times a day, and each run costs 1 Feather. Interacting with Valkyrja after completing 3 runs will cause her to say “You have used up your chances today, feel free to return tomorrow.”
It is possible to start this mode with Daily Challenges or Badass Mode, and the conditions will apply normally.
Players must interact with the Valkyrja at least 3 times to have her present at the tombstone. Simply modifying the feather counts using 3rd-party tools will not cause her to appear.
Boos Rush Gameplay
After interacting with the Valkyrja to activate Boss Rush mode, an icon of a red helmet Boss Rush icon will appear to the right of the status bar.
The mode has only 13 levels. There are 3 floors, each floor contains 4 levels of bosses, and the goal is located at 3-5. The biome of each level in the same floor may be different.
The player will be able to use buff slots after clearing these floors: 1-1, 1-3, 2-1, 2-4 and 3-2.
Each level (except 3-5) will contain 3 rooms:
- 1# The starting room will contain a white chest. If it is at Floor 1, it will also contain a weapon chest.
- 1.1# This white chest will not contain any gold, but more energy. It may also contain weapons or potions.
- 2# The second room can be a chest room or a special room, just like the same rooms in a standard run.
- 3# The third room will contain a boss, depending on the biome.
- This chest may spawn at 3-4 even if the next level is the goal.
- If the Fight with 2 slightly nerfed bosses in each Boss room condition is applied, two red chests will appear accordingly.
The mode is completed when one reaches 3-5, where the magic stone is absent. Instead, the Valkyrja will appear on a large tombstone, with the clear time engraved on it.
Soul Knight How to Unlock the Robot
The Robot is located in the workshop, to the right of the main room. It looks like a pile of junk. Walk up to it and you’ll see the message ‘Maybe someone will be able to fix it’. To fix him you need 20 batteries and 20 parts, then you can find the Robot in the living room among other playable characters
How to get a coupon for a free character
You can find such coupon in the workshop. It can appear on the third table next to the trader. Keep in mind that the coupon can be used once only, so first you need to collect enough materials for repair. Then, use the coupon to unlock the engineer, and fix the robot.
Where to find the Trekking pole
Like any other weapon, it can be found in the dungeon. Besides, you can find blueprints there and create this item in the workshop. The Trekking pole significantly speeds up the character but deals no damage. It can be used by support characters in multiplayer.
Soul Knight Nirvana Cross
The Nirvana Cross is a Legendary Misc weapon in the game. It is the motif weapon of the boss Easter Bunny.
Nirvana Cross Stats
- Weapon Type(s) – Misc
- Rarity – Red/Legendary
- Damage – 0
- Energy Cost – 0
- Critical Chance – 0
- Inaccuracy – 0
- Materials Required For Forging – 1000 Gems
How to Use Nirvana Cross
When carried in the weapon slot, it does nothing. Attempting to use it will cause a small white cross to appear above the user which does nothing. It does not disable the basic melee attack.
If the user dies, this weapon will disappear from the weapon slot, and let the user revive once more with full health and armor.
When used with Staff of Illusion or the Assassin’s Doppelgänger skill, it does nothing.
The Extra weapon buff – Since one can’t do anything with this weapon until they die.
This weapon was added in version 2.2.0. Before that the Easter Bunny had no motif weapon.
It is one of the few weapons that has all stats set to 0.
Soul Knight Statues Effects
Statues are interactive objects found alone in rooms.
Worshipping a statue costs money but also gives you a special effect that is activated when you use a character’s skill. The cost of worshipping a statue starts at 15 gold, and increases as the player goes deeper in the dungeon, and can be reduced with the Sales buff.
Statue effects have separate cooldown times that can be longer than the cooldowns of the player’s skills, especially faster skills, like the Rogue’s roll. Statue effect cooldowns can be monitored by the outer coloured circle around the character’s feet, which appears if the effect is ready. The color of the circle corresponds to the color of the line under the statue.
Statue effects cannot be used without a skill, even if the statue effect is ready.
Basically, the player can only have one statue effect active at a time. Worshiping a new statue will replace an existing effect. It is also impossible to worship a statue if you have already worshiped the same statue before.
All nearby enemies are pulled closer and take 4 damage. Gain a temporary speed buff.
Gives user a damage amplifying effect for 4 seconds, during which the weapon projectiles are larger and deal more damage.
Places 4 TNTs around the user. Explodes after a few seconds or upon impact.
All nearby enemies are knocked away from you and take 5 damage.
All nearby projectiles are destroyed. Affected by Reflect buff.
Shoots 8 homing arrowhead-shaped bullets in cardinal and ordinal directions.
Affected by Accuracy and Shotgun buffs.
Creates a force field around the player that absorbs the next hit within 6 seconds.
Summons a knight follower.
Knights die after taking significant damage or after 20 seconds. Knights are affected by the Pet and Reflect buffs.
Shoots 3 daggers in a cone arc with 4 damage each.
Affected by Accuracy and Shotgun buffs.
Creates circular symbol on the floor, regenerating 10 energy for 3 ticks.
You may also be interested in: