Table of Contents Show
Do you find yourself getting completely wrecked by coups, assassination attempts, and crises, all for the terrible crime of loving the Sordish people so much? Do you feel that Amendment 2.0 has made balancing the budget and achieving economic recovery impossible? Do you sympathize with the plight of the working class? Well, then this guide is for you!
Suzerain How to Save Sordland in 2.0
In this guide, you will find the tools needed to have it all – yes, you can still pretty much have it all in Suzerain 2.0. You can achieve strong democratic reforms with a robust economy, all without corruption, and while taking down the oligarchs and marginalizing the Old Guard AND STILL win reelection. Look no further for a no-compromises, socialist manifesto. Sordland will thank you for it.
What We’ll Achieve Together
With this guide, you can achieve the following:
- Economic recovery (just after first reelection speech)
- Constitutional reform with historic result (225/26)
- Perfectly-balanced budget (0 budget by reelection/end game)
- Full Bludish reconciliation
- Sordish independence/neutrality (no alliances necessary)
- Hawker impeached, Soll jailed, Lileas defeated, ergo, Old Guard decimated
- Oligarchs arrested (Tusk and Koronti)
- Robust welfare system (education and healthcare reforms)
- Women’s rights (Women’s Liberation Act signed)
- Reelection for a second term!
All of this can be had with:
- No corruption
- No coups
- No assassination attempts
- No war
- No crises
- No privatization
- No (serious) compromises
Suzerain is a VERY complex game where even the smallest dialogue decisions can impact the success or failure of our plans. You must do your best to observe the following general guidelines:
- Always, ALWAYS be very polite and diplomatic with everybody whenever possible, even with your enemies, but judge your audience. You can (and should) act more conservative around conservatives, more militaristic around the generals, more socialist around the left-wingers, etc. Always try to acknowledge people’s thoughts and contributions and try not to pick sides to strongly when you don’t have to.
- Likewise, no name-calling or ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on your opponents; focus on unity, getting over our differences, and on your administration’s achievements and vision. This rule also holds true for reelection speeches and interviews.
- Similarly, don’t be so forthcoming about your real intentions. You don’t have to always announce your plans before you make them; do not, for example, announce your intentions to trial Soll until the time comes. Pretend you are something of a closet communist, so deep in the closet in fact that you are able to convince even yourself that you aren’t a die-hard Malenyevist (you are).
- Take every opportunity you can to give speeches and give yourself exposure. Play your cards right and practically every ceremony or opportunity to speak publicly will boost your public opinion (or the opinion of certain key constituents, e.g., the Bluds).
- Never give Rumburg a reason that might justify its aggression. Always pick the diplomatic option, accept the whistleblower, and always pin blame on Rumburg for its aggression while calling for peace; make it clear that Sordland is the victim and only wants peace. This is especially crucial during the Alliance of Nations summit. If you play this off right, Rumburg will be sanctioned and war prevented.
Some important notes:
Regarding prologue choices: Not all of the choices I went with are optimal, some were for rp. Poor is strong for bonus public opinion. History isn’t so useful in our case, economics would be better and might give one more wiggle room on certain decisions. The rest of which I chose can be quite useful; it is especially important that we campaign for Alphonso and then ask him to step down nicely, as this will make him more willing to negotiate with us during the Gasom meeting and allow us to bargain for better working conditions, which makes for a sick speech afterwards when we go out to speak to the protesters at Gasom.
Regarding reelection: If you want to stay in the USP, you’re probably gonna want to leave Soll alone, as trialing Soll and being generally socialist as in this guide is almost a guaranteed loss as far as I can tell to Lileas in the USP primary.
Regarding vice president picks: Keeping Petr (by pinning everything on the spy) or picking Gloria are most advisable. If we’re nice to Lucian, he’ll understand and not betray us. Gloria could help with conservatives as well as women voters, but the conservative vote will be so lost to us that this probably doesn’t matter. Petr will stick with us if we form a new party, making him the better pick overall. Albin is just lame and corrupt.
Budget Guide (Abridged Walkthrough)
Below is a shortened version of the longer guide below, in case you just want a quicker reference for budget decisions:
- Prologue choices (not all are essential but it’s hard to say which): poor, history, join protests but stay out of youth groups, student council, support Monica, escort refugees back, work in USP for good of country, back Soll take his deal and vote for him, campaign for Alphonso, ask Alphonso to step down, promise reforms
- Promote planned economy (start 7 budget, 1 personal wealth)
- 1st megaproject – L-1 (SSC) (5 budget)
- Economic relief – Stimulus (people; 3 budget)
- Tourism act – Sign (2 budget)
- Gasom – full invest (0 budget)
- GREEN act – Veto
- EPA – 49%
- Increase all budgets except defund military (-7 budget)
- Worker’s rights – Sign (-8 budget)
- Regional investment – Skip (to avoid trade war)
- Increase taxes for Corps, tax breaks for Medium & Small businesses (-7 budget)
- Railway issues – fire leadership and accept delays to save money
- Keep education in state-control and reform
- Gruni investment – Crops (-8 budget)
- Trade war will not happen!
- Superpower aid – CSP (-6 budget)
- Relaxed immigration
- Wehlen trade – Close borders (-4 budget)
- Agnolia trade – take bad deal; don’t ally (-5 budget)
- 2nd megaproject – Sarna agriculture (for double production later; -7 budget)
- Keep healthcare in state control and focus on improving rural care quality
- Bank reinforcement act – Veto (only need to mitigate debt crisis, which we will avoid entirely).
- Give Sarna project to SSC (-8 budget)
- Build more rural schools
- Sell Gasom’s 1/3 shares for low returns (-6 budget later; more profit after reform and we get to hold onto more shares for our second term)
- Don’t nationalize or privatize; save money and let the ACP handle the oligarchs
- CRUCIAL: Switch to economic focus after reforms as this will ensure economic recovery just after our reelection speech
- L-1 complete! Praise Symon for being best boi and let him ride the choo choo with you 😊
- Medium returns from holding Gasom stocks (-4 budget)
- Decrees – AT LEAST Fair trade commission (for tax efficient economy)
- Trade with Valgsland, and optionally, make military alliance and recognize island (-2 budget)
- Mandate vaccines to prevent COVID
- Less smoke bill – Sign (-1 budget)
- Healthcare spending – State of the art school
- Accept CSP’s agriculture investment, this with Sarna is gonna drive production bonkers
- Skip industrial expansion (to avoid debt crisis/afford WLA).
- Sign Women’s Liberation Act (-3 budget, will hurt economically but we’ll make it!)
- Children for the future – Sign (-4 budget)
- Human Dignity – Veto (bad for economy)
- Minority rights act – Sign (may not be relevant, but I’d bet Bludish reconciliation could have an economic impact, needs more testing)
- Alcohol & Luxury taxes – Sign (-1 budget)
- Do not fund youth groups
- Economy recovers and we gain one budget for it! (0 budget)
- Economy strong enough (!!!) to fund either housing or unemployment project. Feel free to pick one, cost is 2 budget for either, or stick with that sweet, perfectly balanced 0 budget. Congrats!
The Full Run
- 1. Prologue choices: poor, history, join protests but stay out of youth groups, student council, support Monica, escort refugees back, work in USP for good of country, back Soll take his deal and vote for him, campaign for Alphonso, ask Alphonso to step down, promise reform.
- 2. Promote planned economy (start 7 budget, 1 personal wealth)
- 3. Invest in Arcasian stocks (0 personal wealth)
- 4. Take Tusk bribe and betray him for lulz (give it to Serge’s children later; it ain’t corruption, it’s just owning the oligarchs)
- 6. 1st megaproject – L-1 (SSC; 5 budget)
- 7. Economic relief – Stimulus (3 budget)
- 8. Tourism act – Sign (2 budget)
- 9. Gasom – full invest (0 budget; convince for better working conditions and speak to protestors)
- 10. GREEN act – Veto
- 11. Reforms: Limit vetoes, remove supreme court voting power, impeachment by assembly and court, confidence vote for ministers, 10% election threshold (to persuade Gloria), enabling act for decrees (for Albin), term limits, impeachment of justices, and either remove MoH completely or just immunity (I did the latter for rp mostly; still have some respect for Soll though we see the necessity of trialing him to that Sordland can move on; trialing is totally optional, however, and probs better for your general popularity)
- 12. EPA – 49%
- 13. Increase all budgets except defund military (-7 budget)
- 14. Worker’s rights – Sign (-8 budget)
- 15. Law budget – ACP (set them on the Old Guard for now to start building our case and pressure them; we might capitalize on this info next term)
- 16. Regional investment – Skip (to avoid trade war)
- 17. Increase taxes for Corps, tax breaks for Medium & Small businesses (-7 budget)
- 18. Railway issues – fire leadership and accept delays to save money
- 19. Keep education in state-control, go forward with reform
- 20. Gruni investment – Crops (-8 budget)
- 21. Bargain with Gloria for her support by kicking Monica off the Benfi speaking list
- 22. Be sure to get Albin on your side without corruption (need to give up normal decrees ☹). Focus on how reform is good for the party in speech.
- 23. Trade war will not happen!
- 24. Arcasian stocks pay off (2 personal wealth)
- 25. Superpower aid – CSP (-6 budget)
- 26. Invest in vineyard with Gus to live out Anton’s farmer boy alcoholic dream (1 personal wealth)
- 27. Relaxed immigration
- 28. Wehlen trade – Close borders (-4 budget)
- 29. Agnolia trade – take bad deal; don’t ally (-5 budget)
- 30. 2nd megaproject – Sarna agriculture (SSC) (-7 budget)
- 31. Nia’s plan for semi-autonomous zone; forget about everyone else’s plans, they traps imho.
- 32. Keep healthcare in state control, focus on improving rural care quality
- 33. Bank reinforcement act – Veto (-8 budget; only needed for debt crisis, which we will avoid)
- 34. Cooperate with Ricter (ask him about his mysterious flights btw)
- 35. Vineyard investment pays off (2 personal wealth)
- 36. Give Sarna project to SSC (-8 budget)
- 37. Build more rural schools, mandate evolution but allow creationism
- 38. Sell Gasom’s 1/3 shares for low returns (-6 budget later; more profit after reform and we get to hold onto more shares for our second term)
- 39. Lobby for 1 personal wealth (this will ensure historic result; can also skip to save for reelection fund, reforms will still pass at 167)
- 40. Refuse to take part in either Ricter’s or Kibener’s plans
- 41. Refuse to listen to Koronti’s deal. F all these corrupt ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, we don’t need them.
- 42. Don’t nationalize or privatize; we’re gonna save money and let the ACP handle the oligarchs (we’ll nationalize next term! Big communism time when we’re going out the door)
- 43. Historic vote on reforms – 225/26
- 44. 7(!) justices support reforms after we convince Edmonds (find a guide for her if having trouble)
- 45. Ally PFJP (to cuck NFP; will help Nia’s plan and other legislation get through too)
- 46. Deathblow: CRUCIAL: switch to economic focus after reforms as this will ensure economic recovery just after our reelection speech, also move to impeach Justice Hawker, and to begin investigating Soll himself if you like. Shift ACP against the Oligarchs, since we can now take care of Old Guard power effectively by ourselves. Cucking Hawker and the supreme court (and optionally Soll himself) is basically a deathblow against the Old Guard, especially if we go on to beat Lileas either in the primary or as a new party for reelection
- 47. L-1 complete! Praise Symon for being best boi and let him ride the choo choo with you 😊
- 48. Medium returns from holding Gasom stocks (-4 budget)
- 49. Nominate most experienced judge to the supreme court
- 50. Decrees – Fair trade commission (for tax efficient economy), Radio/Television Council (optional if you like the idea of regulated media, liberals may dislike it though)
- 51. Trade with Valgsland, and optionally, make military alliance and recognize island (-2 budget; I personally chose not to recognize island or ally)
- 52. Be nice to Petr ☹ (try to shoulder the blame for your best friend; or pin all the blame on the spy and keep him as VP)
- 53. Allow formation of Women’s right commission (agree with everything) and pick Gloria or Petr as VP.
- 54. Don’t transfer gendarmerie (don’t piss of Iosef; can’t trust Lileas with anything, easy choice)
- 55. Mandate vaccines to prevent COVID
- 56. Less smoke bill – Sign (-1 budget)
- 57. Healthcare spending – State of the art school.
- 58. Attend Aschraf, no convoy, give moving speech (could probably skip to save public approval, but we got some much dang public approval at this point it doesn’t matter tbh)
- 59. Accept CSP’s agriculture investment, this with Sarna is gonna drive production bonkers
- 60. Skip industrial expansion (to avoid debt crisis/afford WLA)
- 61. Sign Women’s Liberation Act (-3 budget, will hurt economically but we’ll make it!)
- 62. Answer Franc’s call; crisis successfully avoided!
- 63. Children for the future – Sign (-4 budget)
- 64. Human Dignity – Veto (bad for economy and not a good look except to conservatives)
- 65. Minority rights act – Sign
- 66. Alcohol & Luxury taxes – Sign (-1 budget)
- 67. Do not fund youth groups
- 68. Be sure to respond diplomatically as always to Rumburg’s aggression, feel free to have a military parade if you like, and probs reject the CSP visit btw. This is a neutral run.
- 69. Economy recovers and we gain one budget from double production(?) (0 budget)
- 70. Economy strong enough (!) to fund either housing or unemployment project for reelection. Feel free to pick one or enjoy that perfectly balance 0 budget. Again, we have so much public approval this doesn’t matter, you can win without picking anything here easily. (-2 budget)
- 71. Tragedy: our boi Symon will leave us. We’re so commie I don’t think there is any way to prevent this despite the burgeoning economy. Farewell, sweet prince.
- 72. TV interview: Be sure to answer diplomatically, again. Express sadness over Wehlen’s actions, stand with the people of Heljisland, focus on Rumburg’s aggression and Sordland’s desire for peace and appreciation of the international community, etc.
- 73. Alliance of Nations: Again, focus always on peace and all of Rumburg’s aggression, reveal whistleblower info and be nice to the Alliance of Nations and you should get their support; Rumburg will be sanctioned and there will be no war.
- 74. USP Primaries and reelection: If you’ve done all I have the primary is a guaranteed loss. Probably leaving Soll alone will give you a fighting chance. Otherwise, form the People’s Party and have a good time on the campaign trail. If you follow our general speech tips here it should be a breeze.
…And that’s it! Congrats on reelection and on saving the people of Sordland!