You have 3 types of materials:
Such examples would be amber, calcite, or the like, and are obtained by dismantling the appropriate item that contains it.
These are obtained from destroying equipment that has been upgraded.
There are 3 grades of tempering powders: course, standard, and fine.
- Course tempering powder from dismantling equipment that has been enhanced to +1, +2, or +3.
- Standard tempering powder from dismantling equipment that has been enhanced to +4, +5, or +6.
- Fine tempering powder from dismantling equipment that has been enhanced to +7, +8, or +9.
These are obtained by dismantling equipment with random skills, or none at all.
There are 4 types of fluids: odorless, balmy, mellow, and pungent.
- Odorless fluids are the rarest and are obtained by dismantling equipment with no random skills.
- Balmy fluids are obtained by dismantling equipment with a rank 1 random skill.
- Mellow fluids are obtained by dismantling equipment with a rank 2 random skill.
- Pungent fluids are obtained by dismantling equipment with a rank 3 random skill.
Make sure you pay attention to what you are getting out of dismantling equipment. You don’t have to memorize as much as you think you do.
So how should you get these?
For the sake of scarcity, I would only recommend dismantling equipment with the following enhancements:
- +1 equipment for getting course tempering powders and fragments/scraps
- +5 equipment for getting standard tempering powders
- +8 equipment for getting fine tempering powders
- Unenhanced equipment for only fragments/scraps to save gald from enhancing
Note: dismantling unenhanced or +1 equipment will give you the same net worth of 1 fragment/scrap. You only want to dismantle unenhanced equipment if you are full on course tempering powders or want to save gald.
Before you begin enhancing your loot, start by locking everything that you will want to keep. You can always unlock it after dismantling the crap that you don’t need. I personally like the equipment that provide random skills to reduce the effectiveness of status afflictions.
Currently locking gear I consider keeping.
Once you have done that, begin by upgrading everything to +1 (first image below), then dismantle it for the course tempering powders and fragments/scraps (second image below).
I am enhancing gear up to +1 to dismantle for course tempering materials later.
I am now dismantling the +1 gear for the course tempering materials and fragments (flourite fragments in this case)
Notice how if you dismantle unenhanced equipment (shown below), you will net yourself the same amount of fragments/scraps: dismantle unenhanced to get 1, or spend 1 to enhance then dismantle to get 2 and a course tempering powder (shown above).
If you dismantle unenhanced gear, you will get only 1 fragment instead of 2 fragments from +1 gear, though it costs 1 fragment to upgrade to +1 anyway
Now how will you get the grade +5? Well, to get to grade +5, you need a bunch of course tempering materials. So dismantle enough +1’s, and you will get yourself a +5 in no time.
Got my +5’s, what now?
Alright, by now your characters should be equipped with +5 gear. Now you just gotta keep making a bunch of grade 5’s for standard tempering powders to make grade 8’s. If you notice in this image, this one I’m dismantling does not have any random skills, so I get an odorless fluid as well.
Dismantling +5 gear will net you 2 standard tempering powders
If you manage to get a $hitload of gear and are able to get +8’s, you can dismantle those for fine tempering powders.