Table of Contents Show
- The Last Express Gold Edition 100% Achievement Guide
- Story-Based Achievements
- Missable Achievements
- 101 Ways to Die – Bad Endings Achievement (Part 1)
- 101 Ways to Die – Bad Endings Achievement (Part 2)
The Last Express Gold Edition 100% Achievement Guide
The following is a guide that can help you in finding and acquiring all of the achievements associated to The Last Express. While some are story based and cannot be missed, a number require being prepared to search carefully during certain sections.
The following achievements are story-based and are unmissable:
Short Trip for Tyler
Dump Tyler’s Body off the train during Chapter 1.
The Black Hand
Encounter Milos in Compartment 1 and disarm him during the fight, during Chapter 1.
Complete the dream sequence during Chapter 2.
Catch the Beetle
Catch the beetle in the Smoking compartment of the Dining Car at any time during Chapter 3 or 4.
Steal the Gold
Acquire Kronos’ briefcase during Chapter 4.
Get Anna Alone
Follow Anna to her compartment after defusing the bomb, during Chapter 5.
Complete the final chapter on the True ending.
The following achievements are missable if you don’t employ much replaying of sections:
Stash the Body
There are two options of disposing of Tyler’s body. The first is to simply dispose of it from the train window; but this means being prepared to evade the police before the start of Chapter 2.
The other is to stash it in Compartment 1, and then dump it after the train departs from Epernay; of course you must avoid the porters finding it until you do. The achievement is linked to this option, and simply requires you to convert the compartment’s seating into a bed, and then picking up the body; Cath automatically stashes it on the bed. The achievement will unlock during that cutscene.
Secret Diary / Krono’s Papers / Russian Ballet / August’s Letter / French Postcards
The following achievements can be acquired by finding specific objects during Kronos’ concert in Chapter 4. Each of these are unlocked by finding the following in their respective compartment:
- Read the diary in Compartment E of the Red Sleeping Car
- Read documents on the bedside table in Kronos’ Private Compartment of his Private Car.
- Find and look at the photo in Tatiana’s belongings in Compartment B of the Red Sleeping Car
- Read August’s letter in his case in Compartment 3 of the Green Sleeping Car. You will need to distract the conductor to get in.
- Find the postcards in August’s case in Compartment 3 of the Green Sleeping Car.
Take the Money and Run
For this achievement, you must complete Chapter 4 in a unique way that brings about one of the game’s endings. After you acquire Kronos’ case, you must make certain you have located the Firebird and ensured it remains in your inventory when the concert ends. When you are summoned to Kronos’ car, Cath will hand it over, thus keeping the case. After this, wait until the train reaches Vienna, and the game will proceed to the ending where Kronos departs with the Firebird, and Cath leaves with the money.
101 Ways to Die – Bad Endings Achievement (Part 1)
For this achievement, you need to be prepared to undertake and complete every bad ending in the game; fortunately there are not “101” bad endings. There are quite a number of these to undergo, most associated to specific events undertaken in the game, but all can be done in the same playthrough by utilising the replay function. Some of the endings will require rewinding time back to a specific point in order to continue getting the other bad endings.
The following lists each of the bad endings you can find and how to get them:
- Tyler’s body is found by a conductor – For this, don’t touch Tyler’s body or leave it on the seating in Compartment 1, then ring for service (the button next to the door), step out, and let the conductor enter the room. All of this must be done in Chapter 1.
- Tyler’s body and Cath are found together by the conductor – For this, do the same as above, but don’t step out of the room, and don’t respond to the conductor when he calls at the door; this will make him enter. All of this must be done in Chapter 1.
- The conductors find blood on Cath’s jacket – There are two variations, but only one is needed. After dealing with Tyler’s body, don’t exchange Cath’s jacket for Tyler’s and step out of Compartment 1. Then either let the conductor of the Green Sleeping Car approach you, or attempt to move through the Red Sleeping Car. All of this must be done in Chapter 1.
- August Schmidt finds Tyler’s body in Compartment 1 – For this, do not visit Compartment 1, but instead go to the Dining Car. Talk to August, and he will promptly leave the Dining Car to find Tyler. You can either follow him to Compartment 1 and enters or wait until he does so. All of this must be done in Chapter 1.
- Pull the emergency brake – For this, simply pull the emergency brake in any compartment of the Sleeping Cars or in the Dining Car. There is no animated ending, but the game fades to white when you do this. This ending can be done anytime between Chapters 1 to 4.
- Be ejected from the train for bothering a passenger’s harem in the Green Sleeping Car – For this, knock on the doors of either Compartment 6, 7 or 8 multiple times. There is no animated ending, but the game fades to white when you do this enough time. This ending can be done anytime between Chapters 1 to 4.
- Milos finds Tyler’s body in Compartment 1 – For this, move Tyler’s body to the seat, then get his jacket. Do most things as normal. Milos will visit Compartment 1 during Chapter 1. If the body is visible, he will enter the compartment and spot it, triggering the ending. All of this must be done in Chapter 1.
Author’s Note: I believe this is correct, but this may be subject to change if it is flawed.
- Milos kills you during the knife fight – For this, either fail to dodge Milos lunging at Cath or fail to disarm him when he slashes for Cath’s throat, during the knife fight in Chapter 1. Either variant will do for this one.
- The Conductor finds Tyler’s body when making the bed – For this, stash Tyler’s body in Compartment 1’s bed, but don’t do anything to stop the conductor entering to make the bed when the train closes in on Epernay, near the end of Chapter 1.
- Cath is found by the Police when searching the Train at Epernay – For this, Tyler’s body must be dumped from the train upon being found. When this is done, the train will be boarded by French police at Epernay near the end of Chapter 1. Simply avoid doing anything to evade the, and the ending will be acquired.
- The Serbians kills Cath for failing to acquire August’s weapons – For this, just simply not provide payment to August by the end of Chapter 4 when the train arrives in Vienna.
- Cath is ejected for the train when trying to board the locomotive – For this, during Chapter 4, climb along the rooftops to the front of the train and attempt to move onto the locomotive. You need to do this at least two times to trigger the ending.
- Kahina finds the Firebird in Compartment 1 – For this, find the Firebird in the bathroom between Compartment A & B during Chapter 4. but hide it in either its case or the bathroom between Compartment 1 & 2. Kahina will later steal it. This ending unlocks when the train reaches Vienna at the end of the chapter.
- Tatiana takes back the Firebird – For this, find the Firebird in the bathroom between Compartment A & B during Chapter 4, but remain in Compartment B until the end of the concert. If done right, Cath will be caught by Tatiana, who will know he has it. She will then take it. This ending unlocks when the train reaches Vienna at the end of the chapter.
- Kahina kills Cath for refusing Kronos’ demand – For this, steal the gold from gold from Kronos’ compartment and hide it in Compartment 1. When Kahina demands you come to Kronos’ car, simply walk the other way from her. If done right, you’ll trigger an animation of her striking Cath, effectively killing him.
- Kahina kills Cath for not returning the gold or providing the Firebird to Kronos – For this, steal the , while also finding and hiding the Firebird inside Max’s kennel in the Forward Baggage Car during Chapter 4. When Kahina demands you visit her master’s car, do so without either in your inventory, to trigger this ending.
- Kronos receives the Firebird and forgives the gold’s theft – For this, do as above for the gold and Firebird, but retrieve the latter before Kahina finds you. Then go to Kronos’ car when requested. The ending is triggered when the train reaches Vienna. This one is linked to the achievement Take the Gold and Run.
- Anna is killed by Vesna and her body found by Cath – For this, don’t go to the Forward Baggage car after the concert during Chapter 4 – you may need to make certain August is shown his payment for this way – but remain somewhere in the Dining Car, and watch Anna head to that car, followed by Vesna. Wait until Vesna leaves, and then head there yourself. Cath will find Anna dead, triggering the ending.
- Anna is killed by Vesna and her body found by the chief conductor – For this, do the same as above, but just watch and wait for the main conductor to go to the Forward Baggage Car. The ending triggers when he comes across Anna’s body as a result.
- Vesna stabs Cath during the knife fight in the Forward Baggage Car – For this, you must visit the Forward Baggage Car after satisfying August. After the cutscene, you will enter a fight with Vesna. Simply don’t avoid her lunges to trigger the ending.
101 Ways to Die – Bad Endings Achievement (Part 2)
- Alexei’s bomb goes off during the night journey to Galanta – For this, simply don’t visit Compartment 2 on the Green Sleeping Car and steal the clock from Alexei’s luggage during Chapter 5. The ending will trigger when Cath goes to sleep.
- Cath fails to find the bomb – For this, don’t find Alexei’s bomb after he is killed by Vassili during Chapter 5.
- Alexei’s bomb goes off while Cath is talking to Abbot – For this, accompany Abbot to the Dining Car and talk to him. The pair will discuss Alexei’s actions and the clock Cath took from this luggage. The ending triggers when the latter realizes he missed finding the bomb.
- Cath triggers the bomb while defusing it – For this, find the bomb during Chapter 5, but fail to defuse it correctly. There are three variants: Touching anything but the box; Opening the box before dealing with the outer wires; and attempting to stop the mechanism with no tools.
- Cath is knocked out in the fist fight in the Rear Baggage Car – In the first of the main fights in Chapter 5, simply don’t avoid being hit by the first Serbian to trigger this ending.
- Vesna kills Cath for entering the Dining Car – For this, simply don’t go onto the roof of the cars during Chapter 5 after the first fight, but travel through them to the Dining Car, only to be struck down by Vesna, triggering the ending.
- Cath is killed in the fight with crowbar-wielding Serbian – For this, simply don’t avoid the attacks of the second Serbian during that fight in Chapter 5, to trigger this ending.
- Vesna kills Cath on the rooftop of the cars during their fight – For this, simply don’t avoid the attacks of Vesna during her fight in Chapter 5, to trigger this ending.
- Cath fails to duck when Vesna does – For this, simply don’t duck when Vesna does in her fight during Chapter 5, to trigger this ending.
- Cath lets the train stop – For this, deal with Milos at the locomotive and then don’t touch the train controls during the latter stage of Chapter 5. Detaching the carriages or not does not impede getting this ending.
- Anna stops the train when Cath risks the lives of the other passengers – For this, don’t detach the rear carriages after checking in on the passengers during Chapter 5, and go on to deal with Milos. Touch the train controls, and Anna will force Cath to let her take over when she notes the other passengers are in danger, triggering this ending.
- Cath is killed for leaving the Firebird on the rest of the train back in Austria – For this, make certain the Firebird is left in its case in Compartment 1, before detaching the rear carriages. When you reach Chapter 6 and encounter Kronos, Cath will reveal what happened to him, triggering this ending.
- Kronos kills Cath and Anna for wasting his time – For this, simply wait too long to retrieve the Firebird from its hiding spot during Chapter 6, to trigger this ending.
- Kronos kills Cath for not handing over the Firebird – For this, simply don’t hand over the Firebird to Kronos during Chapter 6, triggering this ending.
- Cath fails to open the Firebird as requested – For this, simply don’t do anything to open the Firebird when Kronos asks Cath to do so, triggering this ending.
- Cath and Anna are killed in an explosion, after Kronos and Kahina leave with the Firebird – For this, simply hand the Firebird to Kronos, rather than use the whistle, after demonstrating it. The ending triggers after a short cutscene.