Table of Contents Show
The majority of side quests in The Outer Worlds are simple. Speak with an NPC, follow the objectives, done. Make sure when you are attempting a specific quest, that it is selected in your journal. You can only track one quest at a time, so you want to ensure you’re chasing the correct markers.
Herricks Handiwork Quest Guide
Herrick’s Handiwork Objectives
Convince Velma to negotiate
- Velma Ballard manages the warehouse in Stellar Bay.
- Caleb’s living off a stash of bits he keeps at his home near the diner. If this stash were to go missing, he’d have to return to work.
- Caleb believes Velma has been skimming money out of the warehouse accounts. If you can find proof, he can use that as leverage to make Velma negotiate.
- When confronted about skimming money, Velma mentioned her office terminal.
- You retrieved financial data from Velma’s terminal showing that she’s been siphoning money into her personal account.
Inform Caleb that Velma will negotiate.
- You’ve convinced Velma to negotiate. Let Caleb know that he and his team can return to work.
Herrick’s Handiwork Walkthrough
You can meet Caleb Herrick at the second floor of The Yacht’s Club in Stellar Bay, Monarch. He will give you 1x Glacier Water and invite you to celebrate with them. They are on strike due to poor working conditions, and would like you to mediate a resolution with Velma. Accept to begin the quest, then ask him about how he is managing to learn about his bit stash, and possible blackmail.
Velma Ballard can be found at the warehouse, the large building in the middle of Stellar Bay. Talk to her and ask about Braxton to get the quest The Secret People.
You can find Velma’s terminal on the 2nd floor and use Hack (55) to access her files. You will learn she has been siphoning money from her operating budget into a personal account. Her office also has a lockbox that contains Signed Tossball Poster, that you need for The Grimm Tomorrow – but you can get this item without stealing it by doing Braxon’s quest for Velma. If you need the key for it you can Pickpocket Velma.
Go back to Velma and confront her, but she will say she has earned it by working twice as much as everyone else. You can intimidate (20) or mention that Caleb says the same thing. She will agree to give Caleb a rise. You’ll get 11,250xp
Return to Herrick and tell him he’s getting his raise, you’ll get 11250xp for the step at 15000xp for completing the quest. You’ll also get 625 Bit Cartridge and Monarch Stellar Industries Reputation up.
If you kill Velma you will Botch the quest and it cannot be completed.