Mad Scientist Build
The character build in The Outer Worlds is all about utilizing the power of Science Weapons. Since there are more than one Science Weapon in the game, you can either build around a single weapon or multiple weapons.
- Attributes: x3 Intelligence, x2 Strength, x1 Perception
- Skills: Science Weapons, Ranged, Melee
- Companion: Vicar Max
- Tier 1 Perks: Toughness, High Maintenance, Lone Wolf
- Tier 2 Perks: Weird Science, Harvester
- Tier 3 Perks: Wild Science, Confidence, Armor Master, Revenge, Tit for Tat, Penetrating Shots
- Weapons: Shrink Ray, Mandibular Rearranger, Gloop Gun
I’d suggest trying out the different Science Weapons and choosing the one that you like the most. This should allow you to focus on the Skills that will benefit the type of weapon you’re using and providing you with room to invest in Dialogue, Lockpicking, etc.
Vicar Max should further boost your Science Weapons damage by 20% using Mad Max. In addition to this, you should also consider to mod your Science Weapons as much as you possibly can to increase their effectiveness. Some of the Science Weapons in The Outer Worlds that we recommend include Shrink Ray, Mandibular Rearranger, and the Gloop Gun.
As for the Perks, they should help you bolster the damage of Science Weapons alongside a few buffs to increase the damage in general.
You may also be interested in: