Spacer’s Choice Quest Guide
Spacer’s Choice is the favorite brand of colonists on the budget. The town of Edgewater, and the region of Emerald Vale are properties of the Spacer’s Choice company.
|Status||Positive Reputation||Negative Reputation||Effects|
|Neutral||0% – 29%||0% – 29%||None|
|Agreeable||30% – 49%||0% – 29%||Vendor prices -5%|
|Tolerant||+80%||50% – 79%||Vendor prices -5%|
|Friendly||50% – 79%||0% – 29%||Vendor prices -15%|
|Understanding||+80%||30% – 49%||Vendor prices -15%|
|Revering||+80%||0% – 29%||Vendor prices -25%|
|Agitated||50% – 79%||+80%||Vendor prices +10%|
|Bitter||30% – 49%||50% – 79%||Vendor prices +10%|
|Repulsed||0% – 29%||+80%||Vendor prices +50% – They will attack on sight.|
Spacer’s Choice Quest Guide
- Comes Now the Power
- Die, Robot
- Fistful of Digits
- The Long Tomorrow
- The Illustrated Manual
- A Small Grave Matter
- If you choose to redirect the power to Edgewater your reputation with Spacer’s Choice will go up.
- If you choose to redirect the power to the Botanical Lab your reputation Spacer’s Choice will go down.
- If you Kill Reed Tobson you will gain max negative Reputation with Spacer’s Choice.
2. Die, Robot Walkthrough
You will obtain this quest at the Landing Pad south of Edgewater in Emerald Vale. You should talk to Ludwig Miller there and go along with his theory of the mechanical uprising. He will give you the quest and you can then set off slightly north toward the Junkyard.
At the Junkyard, you will find a robot that needs fixing (Mechanics 38) – if you have Parvati she will fix it for you, and you can return to Ludwig. You will be rewarded with some XP, and he will reveal the location of a “Secret Weapon” in the lavatory in Edgewater’s Cantina.
Go to the canteen and look behind the toilet, you can pick up Ludwig’s Sealed Bundle. You will receive 1700xp.
Return to Ludwig at the Landing Pad, you will receive another 1700xp and Mag-2-Zap (Weapon Mod). You will need the Geothermal’s Plant passcode, which you obtain by talking to Reed Tobson for the Stranger in a Strange Land quest.
Geothermal Plant Repair Bay (4F)
The first switch is found soon after you descend to the 4th floor. Activate the switch then explore a nearby room to find Jeremy has made its way here. Talk to Jeremy, and he will say the logic is defective and all other automechanicals must be permanently dismantled. Accept its offer and explore the area to further advance your understanding of the events. Namely, you can piece together that Spacer’s Choice took an insurance policy on the plant, then altered the robot logic without telling local employees to create a catastrophe, so they might cash in the policy and increase their profits.
From the Repair Bay, take the staircase leading up and follow it to a room where you will find the Security Chief’s Corpse. Loot the Geothermal Security Chief’s Keycard from it and pick up Light Machine Gun if you want. In this same room, if you have Chester’s Passcode you can hack a terminal.
Geothermal Plant 5F
On the fifth floor where you first used the passcode, you can use Security Chief’s Keycard to open the room containing Corrupted Logic Module. You can also loot Mag-Pick, Adrena-Time, Adreno and Weapon Parts from this room.
Return to Ludwig at the Landing Pad to turn the item in and claim your reward.
3. Fistful of Digits Walkthrough
Speak to Constable Reyes in Edgewater to receive this quest. You can then set off toward the several marauder camps to defeat their leaders and get the loot.
- Marauder Encampment: Northwest of Edgewater – Bertie Cotton. The camp will repopulate with marauders and canids if you had already cleared it. (900xp for kill, 1000xp for picking up finger)
- Abandoned Industrial Zone: Northeast of Edgewater – Guillaume Antrim. The camp will repopulate if you had already cleared it. (900xp for kill, 1000xp for picking up finger)
- Marauder Hidehout: North of Edgewater past the Geothermal Power Plant – Doc Maybell. There are several Canid and Marauders to deal with. (900xp for kill, 1000xp for picking up finger)
Return to Constable Reyes to receive your rewards. 1000xp, 500 Bit Cartridge and 5% improved Spacer’s Choice reputation per finger completed.
4. The Long Tomorrow Walkthrough
Speak with Martin Abernathy in Edgewater to receive this Quest. As soon as you exit his residence, you will be confronted by Esther Blaine who will ask you to sell her the medicine instead, citing that Abernathy is a known hypochondriac. If you pass a persuade (10) check, Esther will say that she wants the medicine to treat the sick people in town, who cannot be treated due to lack of medicine and red tape.
You can find the Experimental Anhtrocillin in the Emerald Vale Community Center inside the medical area. You’ll need the Medical Bay key to get in there, which can be found on one of the Marauders. Once you obtain it you can give it to Esther or Martin.
Give Medicine to Martin
If you give it to Martin you and pass a Medicine (5) check, he will tell you he doesn’t know what a hypochondriac is. Give him the Anhtrocillin and you’ll gain 3500 XP, Spacer’s Choice Reputation and 500 Bit Cartridges. You can then Persuade (5) or Intimidate (5) him to give you an additional 300 Bit Cartridges. (You can give medicine to him and then pickpocket it back.)
Give Medicine to Esther
If you give it to Esther, you will receive 7000XP, Spacer’s Choice Reputation up, 700 Bit Cartridge. You can intimidate to get some more bits or charm to get another 300 Bit Cartridge. Esther will also tell you who she’s giving the medicine to: Silas, Amelia Kim from the canteen, and “anybody in the Sickroom”. You can go talk to Rosemary Kwan there, and persuade her to take the medicine from Esther.
Give Medicine to Constable Reyes
Alternatively, if you give it to Constable Reyes, you will receive 2250xp, The Board Reputation increase, and 500 Bit Cartridge. However, she will not distribute the medicine amongst Edgewater citizens for she will confiscate it and claim that it is illegal contraband.
You can pickpocket the medicine after turning it in, and go to the other people to get Bit Cartridge rewards (but no reputation or xp)
5. The Illustrated Manual Walkthrough
You will obtain this quest by talking to Vicar Max in Edgewater. Ask him about the journal and he will reveal what it is about and the reasons for his interest.
To find this item, you’ll have to travel north of Edgewater, toward the Abandoned Outpost location. There are Marauder enemies in the area, that you should defeat unless your stealth is quite high.
You can loot the area in addition to picking the item. You’ll get Bit Cartridge, Bolter Pistol, Armor Parts, Mag-Pick, Adreno, Weapon Parts, Bypass Shunt, Shock Cannon, Light Ammo, Heavy Ammo, Pep Pills, Adrena-Time, Energy Cells, Spacer’s Corona, 2-Hour Energy Brew, Tossball Card Tyson Christensen, Mock Apple Juice, Dehydrated Water Tablets, Necklace,
A Lockbox on the top level of the building with your destination has a Revolver, 3 Adreno and Bit Cartridge. A lockbox on the street has a Revolver, Bit Cartridge and Pep Pills.
You can access a terminal belonging to Clement Elridge, that give some insight into the game’s theology. Go through the door by the terminal and examine the nearby hand terminal to read Collector’s Letter. It will reveal the books are stashed away in a cave over by the river. You will gain 2400xp.
The Cave the manual is in is near the Transport Wreckage point of interest on your map and is called River Hideout once you discover it. Watch out for the traps and pick the vault to find the Journal of M. Bakonu. You’ll gain 2400 XP for picking up the the book, and further 4800 XP for returning it, alongside significant Spacer’s Choice reputation.
Vicar Max will be upset that the book is in French, as he had hoped the book would help him solve “The Plan” and is the only reason he got himself assigned to the Emerald Vale. He even reveals he has utter contempt for the locals and asks if he can be of use to your crew in order to get off-planet in search for a translator. He is good at hacking, blunt weapons and guns! Accept his offer to have Vicar Max join you as a Companion. You will not be able to use him until you??
6. A Small Grave Matter Guide
There are 4 workers that are late on their payments and you have to visit each one separately to collect the fees. These four are as follows;
- Ludwig Miller can be found at Edgewater Landing Pad, in the southeast exterior of Edgewater. Upon meeting him, you will discover his thought on the war with the machine. Use persuade to get enlisted and you will obtain the quest Die, Robot.
Following that, after you mention Silas, he will immediately pay up. You can, however, use lie and get more gain out of him
Alternatively, you can kill him to rob the fees off him and loot his place for supplies, which there are, ample. But doing this will cause you Reputation loss with Spacer’s Choice.
- Conrad Sadik is in the Barber Shop inside Edgewater. Upon talking to him, you will come to know that he is broke for real as he will start to plead and apologize. Tell him to give an “I owe you” to Silas. But you also need to take something from him as collateral.
For that, inspect the back room for a ledger where you will find a note from Phyllis about a suicide. She also demands Conrad to pull the teeth.
In the Botanical Lab Greenhouse, you will find the Golden teeth items that you should bring back to Conrad to be done with him.
Again, you can alternatively kill him and loot his place.
- Martin Abernathy can be found in his home inside Edgewater. He will straight up pay the dues and you’ll gain the resultant XP. Then he will offer you a quest, The Long Tomorrow whereby you’ll have to retrieve medicine cache from the Community Centre to help him. You may choose to accept it or decline at once.
- Phyllis Granger can be found on the upper ramparts of the Saltuna Cannery. Do not initiate a conversation with her and ask for the fees immediately. She’ll pay you as soon as you ask her, but notice that the papers she gives you are not signed in her name. Push on it a little bit and she’ll try to explain, then mention the note that you found and Conard’s to milk her some more.