Table of Contents Show
The majority of side quests in The Outer Worlds are simple. Speak with an NPC, follow the objectives, done. Make sure when you are attempting a specific quest, that it is selected in your journal. You can only track one quest at a time, so you want to ensure you’re chasing the correct markers.
The Stainless Steel Rat Quest Guide
The Stainless Steel Rat is one of the Side Quests in The Outer Worlds. Side Quests are optional quests that players can chose to complete in order to obtain special rewards, XP, or reputation.
The Stainless Steel Rat Objectives
Search the Apartment for Clues
- It’s not clear what happened to the victim, but something in the apartment might point you in the right direction.
- You’ve found a betting slip from Left Field Tossball Betting.
- There’s a suitcase full of clothes by the door.
Investigate Left Field Tossball Betting
- The victim had a betting slip from Left Field Tossball Betting. Perhaps someone there knows what happened to him.
Investigate Elijah and his Gang
- Nell believes Elijah and his friends killed Isaac. They make deliveries to the bays behind the warehouse and spend the rest of theirtime in the alley behind The Yacht Club.
Tell Sanjar about Isaac’s Murder
- Sanjar will want to know about Isaac’s murder. Now that you’ve dealt with Elijah, check in with him at MSI Headquarters.
The Stainless Steel Rat Walkthrough
Go near the large building on the bottom center of the Stellar Bay map, and you will find Talmadge Kerr, who will be shouting someone has been killed inside the apartments. Go into the building to unlock the quest The Stainless Steel Rat.
You can examine the apartment and note a Hastily-Packed Suitcase, as well as a Tossball Betting Slip. This will give you 5625xp and update the objectives.
Head over to Left Field Tossball Betting, that is located northwest in town, and talk to Nell. Ask her about it and she will reveal the victim is named Isaac, and that Elijah and other grunts were pushing him around. They can be found loitering in the alley behind The Yacht Club. You’ll get 5625xp and your quest will update.
Make your way around and take a narrow alley to find Elijah and his group of thugs. You can accuse him of the murder outright, and he’ll say Isaac had it coming, and you have no proof. You can Intimidate (55) or try to leave. They will attack you if you leave. If you pass the first intimidation check, a second one (35) will appear. Pass it and you’ll get 5600xp for forcing them to leave the town.
Make your way to Sanjar Nandi at his office and inform him of what has transpired. You’ll get a further 5625xp, and 15000xp for completing the quest. You’ll also get Monarch Stellar Industries Reputation for running them out of town, and 625 Bit Cartridge. You’ll get the same reward for killing them.
The Stainless Steel Rat Rewards
- Unlocks quest: N/A
- Other Rewards: 15000xp, 625 Bit Cartridge, Monarch Stellar Industries reputation up.
You may also be interested in: