It’s an English translation of Taiwu User Manual.
#0 Quick Start
If you don’t understand Chinese, skip the Introduction Short Story by click the Skip icon on right top. Then start the New Game.
#1 New Game
- After finished the introduction – short story, player can go into the main section of the game, “Free Mode” – the Sandbox mode.
- Player has 3 slots to save your different Life.
- Click scroll icon on the existed character (Red Arrow) to load player’s saved file.
- Click the Skull (Blue Arrow) to delete the saved file.
- In New Game mode, click empty folded scroll (Green Arrow) to start your first journal in the world of Taiwu.
- After clicking the folded scroll icon, you will go to a new page to create a new character and set the world.
#2 Name and Standpoint/Attitude (姓名立场)
2.1 Family Name and Given Name (姓氏名字)
You can name your character or randomly name him/her. To be aware, once the character becomes successor of Taiwu, character’s Family name will be replaced by ‘Taiwu’, but his/her children’s family name is as the same as the original one. You can set whether to display the family name as ‘Taiwu’ or not in setting.
2.2 Standpoint/Attitude (处世立场)
There are 5 standpoints of character: Justice, Benevolent, Moderation, Rebellious and Selfish. By dragging or click the red circle bottom to choose your standpoint. The properties of these 5 standpoints are detailed below:
- (刚正 Justice, Yellow)
- (仁善 Benevolent, Blue)
- (中庸 Moderation, Gray)
- (叛逆 Rebellious, Purple)
- (唯我 Selfish, Red)
The similar standpoints would help the relationship between character and NPC, the opposite standpoints would cause feud.
It’s not easily to make feud with NPC for Justice or Benevolent option, but easy to increase your favorability.
Moderation option would not cause any feud to NPC with any standpoints.
Rebellious and Selfish option will bring you more benefit, but also easily to cause feud and more trouble in your relationship chain.
1. When character choices an option which doesn’t satisfy his/her standpoint, the character’s standpoint will change slightly.
2. When character choices an option which doesn’t satisfy his/her standpoint, the character’s mood will decrease a lot.
3. When character choices an option which doesn’t satisfy his/her standpoint, the character is more vulnerable to be evil, or even more to get demon.
4. When character choices an option which doesn’t consistent with his/her standpoint, the character’s mood will increase.
#3 Gender, Appearance and Age (性别相貌年龄)
Gender affects what sects you can join for learning their Kungfu. Gender sometimes brings your character additional feature. For example, female character would get pregnant then acquire “inflexibility”.
Player could date, propose and marry any gender (heterosexual or homosexual).
Transgender (actually in Chinese version, ‘男生女相/女生男相’ means ‘A man with female appearance/ A woman with male appearance). Characters with transgender feature would be treated according to their appearance, not their natural sex. Moreover, transgender can join into heterosexual sect. However, their natural sexual function is consistent with original one.
Character’s fascination (in ascending order):
Fascination/charm is largely determined by appearance. Character with high fascination is probably getting high favorability at the first seen with NPC.
In this game, there are some Kungfu affected by your appearance.
The final judgment of appearance would be slightly different even though you use the same profile.
3.3年龄与出生时节 (3.3 Age and Birthday)
The age of ‘Taiwu I’ could be set ranging from 16 to 30 years old.
Taiwu gets 30 action points per month when he is at age 15 to 39, and 20AP in otherwise cases. Your birthday directly affects your stats.
#4 Talent (出身特质)
Character’s stats are randomly assigned in given intervals.
You have 10 Talent points to acquire extra talents from Experience, Wealth and Artistry classes. The talents offer you corresponding advantage.
锋从磨砺-Sharping your sword: Increase your Muscle to at least 90. Experience precondition: 0, cost 1 TP.
迅由危亡–Alert the danger: Increase your agility to at least 90. Experience precondition: 0, cost 1 TP.
香自苦寒–Success from self-discipline and abstention: Increase your determination to at least 90. Experience precondition: 1, cost 1 TP.
纯凭自然–Natural: Increase your Vitality to at least 90. Experience precondition: 1, cost 1 TP.
形因境变–Adjusting according environment change: Increase your Strength to at least 90. Experience precondition: 2, cost 1 TP.
意随心寂–Inspired by solitude: Increase your Comprehension to at least 90. Experience precondition: 2, cost 1 TP.
谷中密友–A friend met in homeland: You have a childhood friend without negative feature. Your friendship is faithful but his/her stats and appearance are randomly assigned. Experience precondition: 3, cost 2 TP.
梦境中人–Narcissus in dream: Increase your Fascination to at least Longzi/Fengyi. Experience precondition: 3, cost 2 TP.
白额灵蛇–White forehead snake: You have one extra pure spirit. One pure spirit increase 50% of Punch and Pierce while attacking and 20% Block and Airbender while defense. Experience precondition: 5, cost 3 TP.
服芝食玉-Eaten Ganoderma and Jade: Character has no negative feature when you create it. Experience precondition: 5, cost 3 TP.
东搜西罗–Collection: You have resource boxes of food, wood, stone, fabric and herb. Wealth precondition 0, cost 1 TP.
十枚碎金–Ten pieces of gold: Your initial money becomes 10000. Wealth precondition 0, cost 1 TP.
褓衣似锦–Brocade Swaddle: You acquire Grade 5 cloth. Wealth precondition 1, cost 1 TP.
桂酒椒浆–Wine: You have some wine in Grade 4 to 6. Wealth precondition 1, cost 1 TP.
驰马试剑–Horse: You have a Grade 5 horse. Wealth precondition 2, cost 1 TP.
泥封古罐–Mud sealed ancient pot: You have a Grade 4 Cricket pot. Wealth precondition 2, cost 1 TP.
怪窟诡物–Weird stuff from strange cave: You have some Grade 4 poison. Wealth precondition 3, cost 2 TP.
灰炉遗药–Drug in Alchemy Furnace: You have some Grade 4 drug. Wealth precondition 3, cost 2 TP.
家传宝物–Family treasure: You have a random God Grade 1 treasure. Wealth precondition 5, cost 3 TP.
盛世集录–Collection of prosperity The building upper limit increases 10. Wealth precondition 5, cost 3 TP.
琴棋书画–Literature: Increase your talent of Music, Playing Go, Poetry and Painting. Artistry precondition 0, cost 1 TP.
一任自然–Follow the call from nature: Increase your talent of Buddhism, Taoism, Appreciation and Cooking. Artistry precondition 0, cost 1 TP.
医相星卜–Astrology and Witchery: Increase your talent of Medicine, Toxicology, Mathematics and Miscellaneous Knowledge. Artistry precondition 1, cost 1 TP.
天工开物–Creator: Increase your talent of Smithing, Carpentry, Crafting and Weaving. Artistry precondition 1, cost 1 TP.
璞玉韬光–Increase your Success rate of breakthrough the barrier of Artistry. +20 points on Stamina, inheritable. Artistry precondition 2, cost 1 TP.
神锋敛彩–Increase your Success rate of breakthrough the barrier of Skills. +20 points on Stamina, inheritable. Artistry precondition 2, cost 1 TP.
天材地宝–Treasure from nature: Acquire Grade 3 Raw Material Artistry precondition 3, cost 2 TP
先利其器–Prepare your tools: Acquire 3 random Grade 4 tools and corresponding raw material. Artistry precondition 3, cost 2 TP
天人造化–Increase your talent of Force, and Stunt. Artistry precondition 5, cost 3 TP
古冢遗刻–Ancient Grave: Acquire one scripture and one secret book. Artistry precondition 5, cost 3 TP
#5 Homeland (出生地区)
The homeland determines the location of Taiwu village and slightly affects character’s stats according to the local sect. Tips: It’s a good idea to check the skills and their requirement before you choose your master. Plan your skills tree and path to optimize your choice.
Click this button to preview learnable skills from sect. Press alt to check the precondition of the skill.
- Terrain affects the resource distribution in your village.
- Flatland: more fertilized farmland, average distribution
- Mountain: more mine, dragon mine and spirit mine.
- Forest: more thickets and jungles.
- Lake: more water, mysterious snake caves, poisonous marshes.
- Beach: more water and bonfire.
- Snow mountain: more gems and herbs.
#6 World Detail (世界细节 )
You can change the difficulty in this page. Once you start your game, passing your sword handle (your character dies then transmits abilities to inheritor) is the only way to change the difficulty.
- Lifetime: determine all people’s lifetime in this world.
- Difficulty of fight: Determine enemies’ stats and AI. Very Hard and Must Die are intitially locked.
- Quantity of enemies: The amount of enemies gangster and exiles.
- Rate of Invasion: the Xiangshu in Grave of Sword will attack Taiwu Village when it counts down to zero. Once the Taiwu Village is ruined, game over. Stop = No attack, Very Quick = 12 month countdown.
- World situation: it affects resources abundance and recover rate. Recommend starting from Heaven.
- Random inheritor: If you don’t have companions, Taiwu would randomly pick an inherior when he/she dies. Strongly recommend to Turn On in case any accident.
Click the scroll on right bottom to create your character then start a new game.