Armies are used to protect your empire from military incursion by other factions, expand your empire by capturing new commanderies and counties, and defeat enemy armies in battle.
Other Total War Three Kingdoms Guides:
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Guide to Factions
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Guide to Siege
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Guide to Characters
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Buildings Guide
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Food Guide
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Diplomacy Guide
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Spies & Espionage Guide
Your armies are granted action points at the beginning of each turn. Select an army and you will see its action points noted in the army panel. These action points are used to move across the map, attack enemy targets, and change stance. An army that has exhausted all its action points can do no more until the start of the next turn, when its action points will be replenished.
The number of armies you have in play at any time is limited. You can view this limit by mousing over your current rank in the faction summary panel. You can increase your army cap by improving your faction rank, assigning administrators to commanderies, and researching certain reforms. Some character traits also provide extra army cap.