Quick Reference of Koji’s Groove, Sparrow Bombs, damage to every unit.
Sparrow Bombs Q.R.
Koji’s Sparrow Bombs is a difficult groove to wrap your head around. It reads “Upon death, they deal 50% of Koji’s maximum damage to nearby enemies”.
Despite saying “Koji”, all Commanders have the same damage matrix/output. So we can pretend it means a generic Commander.
This effectively means it pretends a max health commander is attacking the enemy unit. It applies variance (+-5) then divides the result in half. This means the range of damage of sparrow bombs is quite tight.
Testing sparrow bomb results in custom maps has mostly resulted in only a range of 4. However, some units showed a range of 5. This indicates something strange is going on with rounding and I’m unsure exactly what.
Actual damage should be min damage + up to 4. However, it’s possible numbers are off by 1 due to unknown rounding factors.
Sparrow Bomb Damage Output
Unit Min / Damage Dealt
Sky Rider 35
Harpoon Ship 23
Random Sparrow Bomb notes
- Sparrow Bombs can kill units.
- Sparrow Bombs are flying and can be used to block enemy movement.
- Sparrow Bombs move 5.
- Koji can move 4 (4), Spawn to tile next (5), move 5(10), explode adjacent tile (11). For 11 total threat range.
- Sparrow Bombs do not decay.
- All full health anti-air units deal 800-810% damage to sparrow bombs. Raised by crits.
- Anti-air units one shot sparrowbombs until they are below about 12% health.
- Sparrowbombs one shot each other.