Weedcraft Inc explores the business of producing, breeding and selling weed in America, delving deep into the financial, political and cultural aspects of the country’s complex relationship with this troublesome and promising plant.
How to Make Money
1. Gardeners have to get around lvl 3-5, so do gardening for yourself, until you’ve got some laid back cash (30k-50k). Then hire one which you use to assist you, when you do the planning around the map. In that way, he can train to lvl up.
2. To expand on the tip about leveling up employees…. Don’t level them up in more than one category. Specialize your employees and then stop leveling once they max out their specialty. You only have to give them a raise after you add a point, so wasting points in all categories just ends up costing a lot and they wont be able to do every job at once anyway (they can only be assigned in 5 job spots). Plus, your gardeners will produce less if they also have to sell and run your front businesses. I find it to be way more affordable and efficient to have 3 employees with separate roles than one super employee (with a super salary) who is spread thin doing it all.
3. Also, you don’t have to pay them exactly what they want if you keep them sweet. You can’t grossly underpay them either (well, until you get the motivation perk). Try to underpay them just a little (enough to slightly lower your friendship, but not their motivation) and then put the effort into raising your friendship back up.
4. A couple of quick talking points that they like and you’re best friends again. You can also take small risks with their motivation if you consider some other factors as well. Hire employees who are naturally more motivated. Then taking a small hit in motivation temporarily wont be enough to harm their work ability. Also, keep the police off their backs. If there is a lot of police vigilance at their workplace, then their motivation suffers and you can’t risk lowering it at all.
5. Consider how comfortable they are with illegal activity. Let your more shady employees handle the illegal jobs. If an employee isn’t comfortable with the legality of their job, then you will also have to be extra careful with their motivation.
6. Sometimes it’s better to not level up your workers to the highest levels, simply because you don’t have to. Your workers have around 3-4 months to take care of your cultivation cycle (you don’t need to water/train plants very moment it is possible, you have plenty of time). In most cases, your customers don’t care about quality.
7. Try to get the opponents out of at least one of your dealing places, so you can raise the prices there. Befriend the cops, so you can push them.
8. In the first city, you can do well with “decent” (common – uncommon) weed, just match strain to customers demands and if have to – lower the price a little.
9. Just keep in mind, when moving to new cities, business still continues to operate in other cities no matter where you are. I left the first city in charge of two employees, they each control their own building from growing, fronting a business cover and selling. they are each independent and they continue to make me money and improving themselves too, they are highly paid employees to run things while I’m busy elsewhere growing my empire.
10. Important to check customer types; always try to supply the wealthiest demographic.