Message From an Old Friend Walkthrough
Enter the bookstore on the northern side of Hierarch’s Square in Novigrad.
Upon entering the book shop at the northern end of Hierarch’s Square, the shop keeper will describe Geralt’s appearance as if he knows him. Walk up and speak with the book keeper who’ll let you know that somebody dropped a book of for Geralt long ago and he’s welcome to it.
After the conversation we’ll need to search the book shop for a red-covered book. Fortunately, Witcher Senses will allow us to easily find them all. The books of interest can be found in the following locations:
- Book – The merry Adventures of Muriel the Lovely Harlet, Illustrated Edition can be found In the bookshelf just beside the door.
- Book – The Treatment of Furuncles Through Cauterization: A Study can be found on the second floor, by the side table in the corner of the walkway.
- Book – My Manifesto: The Life of Jacques de Aldersberg can be found on the bookshelf beside the second flight of stairs.
- Book – Moribunda: The Vampire’s Last Likeness can be found at the top of the second set of stairs.
- Book – Tyromancy, or the Noble Art of Cheese Divination can be found on a desk at the top of the second flight of stairs.
Once you have looted all of the Books, head to the Key Items menu of the inventory. Here you’ll want to read the Note – Letter from “A”. This will complete this short side-quest (as well as provide a nice tie in between the first Witcher game and the third for those who’ve played them all!).
Note: For completing the side-quest you’ll earn 50XP and 51 Crowns.
You may also be interested in: