Here’s a good way I found to collect enigma codes more quickly than any other method without being too cheese-tacular.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus How to Grind Enigma Codes Pretty Darn Fast
Howdy! This is my first guide; I just found this method very helpful and there weren’t too many efficient ways to get a lot of enigma codes online. It is really easy to do after a run or two and very quick once you’re used to it. You should be able to get all of the enigma codes you need in a decently short span of time.
This is an inherently stealthy method, as I find it much faster if you just avoid all but one of the enemies besides officers. It does require a basic understanding of the game’s stealth mechanics, as well as possession of the Constrictor Harness. A silenced pistol is helpful at the end but not strictly necessary.
- Select the New Orleans Containment Wall district mission.
- Upon loading in, go straight until you hit the fence, then turn left into the dilapidated building. Run through to the back where you’ll find a tube that definitely shouldn’t fit B.J. Blaskowitz, but does if you remembered to bring your Battle Corset.
- Emerging into the Containment Wall, you’ll want to hug the right wall and pass quickly, preferably smashing through the boxes rather than climbing over them, so the nearby Lazerhund doesn’t notice you. At the top of the stairs turn left and dispatch the uncouth metal gentleman.
- Turn right towards the main stairwell but instead of bothering with the stairs and soldiers like a plebeian, dip into the room on your left, head through it, and snake your way through the tube at the opposite end near the door.
- After making B.J. do a flip in the pipe this will spit you out on the third floor, where your first target is, guarded by nothing but a single Lazerhund. Simply stick to the rooms on the right to avoid the metal beast’s ire, and the unsuspecting officer will be waiting in one of the two latter rooms, where you can quietly eject all of his grey matter with little fuss and snatch his punch card.
- Wait for the Lazerhund to make its return journey past the door of the last room before darting out into the final stairwell. (Middle picture is showing the retreating Lazerhund. Do not go that direction, go the opposite way) There are no more guards, so just make your way up.
Rush into the final room, perform very enthusiastic amateur acupuncture on the second officer’s entire body, take his card, and exit the level.