Other X4: Foundations Guides:
- X4: Foundations – Controls
- X4: Foundations – Sector Map
- X4: Foundations – Beginner’s Guide
- X4: Foundations – All Crafting Recipes
- X4: Foundations – Data Vault Locations
- X4: Foundations – How to Use the AutoMiner
- X4: Foundations – Basic Concepts for New Players
Trading versus automatic trading?
Some players have noted that automatic trading for NPC ships who work for you is locked behind a relatively high skill of 3 stars for the pilot of that ship.
To train the captain you should first trade manually remotely with the ship by assigning trade orders from the map menu.
To do this, you can right click on wares in the map and select the ship you want to trade with, to buy and sell wares. This creates trade ORDERS which are always possible.
The difference for AUTOTRADING is that the captain does not make the decision about what to buy and where to buy. This skill requires a better captain with 3 stars!