This guide will show you how to generate your own seeds for Descenders and also how to access the bonus levels.
Each seed will always consist of 11 digits. Each of these digits specifies a specific parameter in the level when generating.
From left to right:
- The first digit specifies the environment that the player bikes in. 1 represents Highlands, 2 represents Forest, 3 represents Canyon, 4 represents Peaks, and 5 represents Volcano. Any other digit is invalid. (You cannot play Volcano seeds until you have completed the Volcano boss jump in a normal run.)
- The second digit specifies the kind of gameplay you can expect to find in the node. 0 represents a normal node, 1 represents a boss jump node, 2 represents a no-path node, and 3 represents a fire ring boss jump node. Any other digit is invalid.
- The third digit specifies the visual environment of the node. 0 represents a normal node, 1 represents nighttime, 2 represents dawn, and 3 represents stormy conditions. Any other digit is invalid.
- The fourth digit specifies the steepness of the node, and can range from 0 to 8.
- The fifth digit specifies the curviness of the node, and can range from 0 to 8.
- The sixth digit specifies the stunt density of the node, and can range from 0 to 8.
(Having any of the fourth to sixth digits be a 9 will force a node with an 8-8-8 generation.)
The last five digits of the seed acts as the seed number from which the level is generated.
It is also possible to introduce up to 7 specific crew members into the level generation. These are as follows:
- Wider Path = 1
- Extra Steepness = 2
- Extra Stunts = 4
- Less Curves = 8
- Less Obstacles = 16
- More Checkpoints = 32
- Smoother Curves = 64
To introduce these crew members into the seed generation, add up the numbers associated with the crew members that you want, and then append a hyphen and the resultant number at the end of your seed. For example, if you want to generate a Peaks level with a wider path, less curves, and smoother curves, add up 1, 8, and 64 to get 73, then append it to the end of the seed as follows: 40080031337-73.
Descenders has a few bonus levels playable in the game.
- Construction Yard: 1001
- Mega Jump: 1002
- Moon: 1004