A simple guide on how to save Ryo and unlock the “Path to the Truth” trophy
So i am currently 90-hours into this game and currently working on my 5th playthrough of the story and in this time i think i have finally narrowed down how to save Ryo in the climax of Part 3.
However full disclosure while i have been able to save him twice and this is my method of doing so it is entirely possible that my guide may be missing another pre-requisite that im meeting but not aware of.
How to Save Ryo (Path to the Truth Trophy)
So saving him is actually surprisingly pretty straight forward but you will only just barely have time to meet these requirments before his death flag so you may need to save scum when choices are presented to you so you can choose the option that provides you with affinity.
- You have to have his affinity essentially maxed out at 51 by the time you fight cyclonemon, if he is any lower than this he will die.
- When you interact with Ryo trying to increase his affinity it is very important that you also communicate with Kunemon whenever possible.
There is no way of tracking affinity with kunemon and his doesnt increase affinity with Ryo so the exact ammount needed is unknown so i can only say to interact with them as much as possible
- Finally for the last step, im not 100% if this is a prerequisite or if its just a coincidence but every time i saved Ryo i did not use Kunemon in the fight with Cyclonemon.
I suspect this may be needed because in the cinematic where Ryo survives Kunemon is with Ryo and Haru before everyone else arrives.
Now assuming you followed these three simple steps you should have the “Path to the Truth” trophy and be locked into the true ending.
More of this sort of thing:
- Getting max affinity with all characters (Only true ending) Digimon Survive
- All answers for taming questions Digimon Survive
- Digimon Survive Mod to fix video cutscene freezing & pixelation