Farming, for Beginners
Farming, for Beginners is one of the main missions in Red Dead Redemption 2. John is working on the ranch. The man helps Dickens in building a fence and in taking care of the cattle.
How to get a gold medal in Farming, for Beginners?
- Fix the first section of fence in 1 minute and 30 seconds – A rather simple task, you shouldn’t have problems with it.
- Avoid being hit by the bull – This is more problematic to do – the bull will try to charge at you. Stay in safe areas. Hide behind them when the animal tries to attack you.
Walk up to Mr. Dickens to start a conversation. He asks John to help him build a fence, and questions his origin story.
John does a decent job at convincing him he’ll be a good worker regardless of where he came from.
Gold Medal Requirement:
- Fix the first section of fence in 1 minute 30 seconds.
Now you’re going to help him build a fence. First, smack the post with x/a three times to secure it into the ground.
Then, John will automatically pick up a post. Position the height with the left stick, and press x/a when it’s aligned to place it. It will prompt you when you’re able to place it.
Then, Mr. Dickens will leave you to it. A cutscene will prompt, and John will continue putting fences together. When it goes back to your control, position one more piece of fence – but you’re called away.
They’re having trouble with a stubborn bull that won’t move where they want it to. John goes over to try and help.
Gold Medal Checklist:
- Avoid being hit by the bull. As soon as you can after the group starts talking, back away from the bull. It’s about to escape, and will absolutely hit you.
Once it escapes, it’s up to you to capture it. Equip your lasso. Be ready to strafe – it will charge at at you.
It’ll take a few tries lassoing it for the rope to keep, but keep at it, and eventually the game will prompt you to calm it down. Press square/x to do just that.
After you’ve captured the bull, a cinematic starts. The men thank John, and he gets home. The next morning marks the end of the mission.
You make $3 for the day’s work.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Fatherhood and Motherhood Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Red Dead Redemption Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Fatherhood, for Idiots Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Fatherhood, for Beginners Walkthrough