Old Friends Walkthrough
In this mission, you will attack the camp of the O’Driscolls’ gang. Our walkthrough will tell you how to win the big battle that plays out in a hostile location.
How to trigger the mission: Talk to Bill in the camp in the mountains. You have to finish the Entrance and Pursued by Memory mission.
Walkthrough: After watching the cut-scene start the journey, which will end once you get near the O’Driscolls’ camp. Get to the lookout point to perform a reconnaissance (you can look around as much as you heartily wish). Go back to the hero’s horse and take out the lever-action rifle (Longarm Shoulder Carbine Repeater). It’s going to be very useful in defeating all enemies.
Set off with your comrades towards the enemy camp. After arriving at the place, you have to decide how to proceed – you can either take the initiative or send your companions to the fight alone.
You can initiate the battle in any way you like, for example by shooting at one of your enemies. As the battle begins, watch the radar so as not to be surprised by any of the bandits. You can eliminate them in any order. Try to always fire from behind cover Aim at opponents’ heads. Activating the Dead Eye mode, which allows you to mark several enemies in slow-motion mode and then shoot a series of quick shots in their direction.
Soon after winning the battle reinforcements will arrive from the forest. Again, you can decide how your allies should behave – a better idea is to maintain a defensive position in the camp. This will reduce the likelihood of taking damage from open-air fights. Kill all new enemies.
Go back to your team the last task is to search the camp. Go to the building indicated by Dutch. Learn a large box from the above picture – you will find dynamite in it.
Start making your way back. On the way, you came across a fugitive gang member. You must catch up with Kieran; otherwise, the mission will fail. Start galloping and also select the lasso from the inventory. Try to catch up with the escaping bandit so that the dot of the crosshair turns red (see the picture above). You can throw a lasso so you can catch Kieran.
Dismount the horse and tie up the bandit. Place him on the hero’s mount and return to the camp in the mountains. Get off the horse and move the prisoner to one of the buildings to complete the mission.
How to get the gold medal in the Old Friends mission?
- You must catch and tie up Kieran in less than 45 seconds – Start gallop as soon as you receive the objective of catching the bandits. Use the lasso as soon as you approach the fugitive and quickly dismount your horse to tie him up. If you make a mistake (e.g. such as stopping on an obstacle) let the mission end in failure. A checkpoint shall be loaded just before the start of the chase.
- Kill 3 O’Driscolls with a single Dead Eye use – launch the Dead Eye mode once you have three enemies in sight. If you can’t activate this mode, use an item that fully renews it.
- Complete the mission in less than 15 minutes and 30 seconds – try not to lose too much time during the main fights in the enemy camp. Also, rely on galloping whenever possible.
- Get 15 headshots – try to eliminate each opponent from the camp in this way. Use the Dead Eye to get more headshots easily.
- Complete the mission without using health-replenishing items – this is the simplest challenge. Just don’t regenerate your health You have to be careful and do the entire mission on a single health bar.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Controls for PS4 and Xbox One
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The Veteran Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Valentine Bounty Hunting Missions Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Catch the Escaping O’Driscoll Walkthrough