Table of Contents Show
The majority of side quests in The Outer Worlds are simple. Speak with an NPC, follow the objectives, done. Make sure when you are attempting a specific quest, that it is selected in your journal. You can only track one quest at a time, so you want to ensure you’re chasing the correct markers.
Little Memento Quest Guide
Little Memento is one of the Side Quests in The Outer Worlds. Side Quests are optional quests that players can chose to complete in order to obtain special rewards, XP, or reputation.
Little Memento Objectives
Investigate the Outpost
- Ash has pointed you toward one of his unit’s old outposts.
- You’ve found the outpost, but the mercenaries aren’t here. They must have left some clues as to where they went.
Find the Mercenaries
- It looks like the mercenaries packed up and fled to a nearby waterfall. If they’re there, the keepsake box is likely with them.
- The mercenaries appear to have met a grisly fate in the jaws of the Monarch Wilderness. Perhaps one of them had the box in their possession.
Return to Ash
- You found a locked box of mementos from Ash’s old mercenary unit.
- You found a ledger that seems to indicate that Ash was never part of the mercenary squad using this outpost.
Little Memento Walkthrough
You obtain this quest by talking to Ash, who is drinking at a bar in Amber Heights, up the hill to the left of the entrance. He will ask you to find mementos of his old mercenary team. He will give you Hunter Outpost Keycard and directions to go to Hunter Outpost to get your started.
You can buy Ash a drink for 20 bits, which gives you a chance to hear a story about Monarch.
Abandoned Safehouse is south from Fallbrook, near Forlorn Crossroads. Upon arrival, you’ll be attacked by Marauder enemies, and a Scrap Mechanical.You can unlock the front door with the Hunter Outpost Keycard, and go inside. You’ll find an Electronic Log and note that Ash is not mentioned. Investigate the nearby terminal and you’ll get coordinates for the waterfall camp and 7500xp.
Backtrack your steps to make it across the river and head west toward the waterfall. You’ll find a group of dead Marauders, canids and SubLight Thugs and MSI Soldiers, as well as a Vortex Mace, Ordnance Control Armor and “Skeletal Remains”. Inspect the remains for 7500xp.
Return to Ash in Amber Heights, and tell Ash what happened. He will ask about the box and you can tell him that he was not in the agent list. He will reveal that he was the one supposed to pick them up that night, but he ditched them for another, more lucrative job. The item you’re picking up is just something to sell. You’ll get 7500xp for this step
The quest ends and you earn 15000xp and 875 Bit Cartridge.
Little Memento Rewards
- Unlocks quest: None
- Other Rewards: 15000 xp, 875 Bit Cartridge
More of this sort of thing:
- The Outer Worlds Emerald Vale Side Quest Guide
- The Outer Worlds Amber Heights Quest Guide
- The Outer Worlds Phineas Vernon Welles Quest Guide
- The Outer Worlds Byzantium Side Quest Guide
- The Outer Worlds Stellar Bay Quest Guide
- The Outer Worlds Nyoka Companions Guide