Table of Contents Show
The Surge 2 is out and one of the features in it is the ability to craft character builds for yourself that can augment your abilities and overall further your capabilities in dealing with the various challenges present in this game.
The Surge 2 builds can be quite intricate and therefore require meticulous planning and tweaking to get right; this is due to the existence of partial Set Bonuses and the amount of Implants (and how varied these implants can be).
The Boss Killer Build
As the name suggests, this Surge 2 build is designed to kill bosses but, it is also very effective against normal enemies if there is such a thing in the game. The reason why this build works well against the bosses is that most of the attack with this build are harder to dodge and a staggered boss is open to your attacks.
Aside from the damage, this build also provides significant armor so that you can survive longer against a boss. The following are the armor sets, weapons, and implants required for this The Surge 2 build.
All bosses in The Surge 2 have an elemental attack with The Boss Killer being the most common one. That’s why you need the Liquidator Set as it will protect you against status effects and also reduces Nano Affliction damage.
However, the Liquidator Set is an operator class armor set and if you don’t have a problem taking elemental damage then consider equipping a Goliath Class armor set.
Another recommendation for this build is The Nano Ward Set which reduces the cost of blocking. You can also try the SCARAB Set as it has defensive bonuses which can be useful in a boss fight. However, the Liquidator Set is your most likely choice as the rest of the armor sets won’t become available until late game.
There is no restriction on what kind of weapon you can use with this build in The Surge 2. You are free to experiment with any weapon you like just make sure you know the timing for directional blocking of each weapon as every weapon type has a different in directional block timing.
Faster weapons are quick when it comes to directional blocking and they don’t even use much of your stamina. However, slower weapons take a bit longer for directional block and use more stamina compared to the fast ones.
You need the following implants in order to make the effective use of this build in The Surge 2.
- Deflection Hardener – Increased Defense and Elemental Defense for a short time.
- Deflection Supercharger – Boosts damage by 30% and grants 25 Energy after a successful deflect.
- Deflection Damage Enhancer – Boosts damage after a deflection by 10%. Costs 3 Core Power.
- Deflection Energy Converter – Grants 25 Energy following a deflect.
- Battery Adrenalizer – Increases Stamina Recovery when the Battery is filled.
- Dynamic Redirector – Grants 30 Energy when struck.
- Nano Absorber
- Medi-Voltaic Injection
More of this sort of thing:
- The Surge 2 Metamorphosis Walkthrough
- The Surge 2 Golden Opportunity Walkthrough
- The Surge 2 The Witness Walkthrough
- The Surge 2 How to Defeat Violent Vic
- The Surge 2 April’s Fool Walkthrough
- The Surge 2 The Challenge of the Spark Walkthrough