Monster Slayer Walkthrough
Monster Slayer Quest Walkthrough – The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (Kaer Morhen Side Quest)
Start Location: Using Witcher Sense, examine a corpse just to the west of the Lakeside Hut fast travel signpost (this signpost will be unlocked during ‘The Final Trial’).
Once you find your first Drowner corpse, you should pick up the side-quest. At this point we can follow a trail of dead Drowners that leads north along the eastern shore of the lake from the Lakeshore hut.
Follow the shoreline into the inlet to the right. At the end, opposite the island just north of the hut you’ll find a cave. The cave is populated by a Level 26 Rock Troll – head in and take care of him using your standard large enemy tactics.
After killing the Rock Troll enter the cave and activate your Witcher Senses. Here you can inspect the following points of interest:
- Dead Drowner by the right hand wall.
- Document – ‘Old Letter’ inside the wreckage of the boat at the back of the cave.
At this point, we’ll need to head into the Quest items tab of Geralt’s inventory menu and read the Old Letter. This will complete the side-quest.
More of this sort of thing:
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Secret Quests Guide: 15 Hidden Quest
- The Witcher 3: Contract Muire D’yaeblen Walkthrough
- The Witcher 3: The Lord of Undvik Walkthrough
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Controls for PC/PS4/Xbox One
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Devil By the Well Walkthrough
- The Witcher 3: King’s Gambit Walkthrough