Pouring Forth Oil
Pouring Forth Oil is one of the main missions available in the second chapter of Red Dead Redemption 2. This mission is divided into a few parts – Arthur and John plan on stopping another train. This time, they want to do it by using flammable materials.
- Deliver the wagon to the drop-ff within 1 minute 45 seconds (first part)
- Kill all the train guards before Sean fires a shot (second part)
- Escape the law within one minute 30 seconds (second part)
- Get ten kills using Deadeye (second part)
- Complete the mission without using any health items (second part)
How to get a gold medal in Pouring Forth Oil IV?
- Kill all the train guards before Sean opens fire – Sean will be stunned for a brief moment – use this time to eliminate the incoming enemies.
- Clear the baggage car of loot – spend some time on looting this car. Steal all the valuables.
- Escape the Law in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds – Get on your horse and run as fast as you can. Use galloping to complete the task within the time limit.
- Perform 10 kills with the Dead Eye. Use it as frequently as possible.
- Complete the mission without using items that replenish health.
This mission is split into two parts. The first part will have you stealing an oil tank wagon from a factory. This part will be skipped if it is the only story mission available in the game or if it has been available for more than four in-game hours.
Talk to John to start the mission. The one at Cornwall Kerosene and Tar is much harder because of how many guards it has but it is closer to the location where you have to park the wagon. The Valentine one is easier but will take longer.
If you choose to go to Cornwall, avoid a shootout and instead hop over the fence behind the wagon, quickly steal it, then make a run for it without sticking around for too long.
If you choose to get one from Valentine, you will have to wait until the driver delivers it there. You will be free to take possession of the tank any time during the delivery or when it is stationary at its destination.
Whichever method you choose, take the wagon to the camp shown on the waypoint. Wait for one in-game hour to meet him again at the waypoint east of the camp. Take the wagon to the southwest and bring it to a halt on the railway tracks.
Head inside the first carriage and accompany John to rob the passengers one by one. Continue doing so until John asks you to check on Sean. Head to the baggage car at the far end of the train and keep an eye on Sean.
The moment Sean is attacked, activate Deadeye and take down the enemy. Take out the remaining assailants, and then search the baggage car to retrieve the valuables.
As you make your way out of the car, lawmen will arrive after a brief cutscene. Eliminate all of them. There will be multiple waves.
Use Deadeye to get rid of as many targets as quickly as you can. After dispatching all the hostiles, gallop straight north until you’re in the clear zone.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The First Shall Be Last Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Fatherhood and Motherhood Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Our Best Selves Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The Fine Joys of Tobacco Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Fatherhood, for Idiots Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Visiting Hours Walkthrough