Tasks in The Outer Worlds, are side activities that players can engage in across the various planets of the game to help the local population with their troubles. The Outer World tasks are pretty straight forward and reward players with a decent amount of XP so it is always worth taking the time out to finish them.
While you don’t necessarily have to complete these tasks, they are fun activities, have decent rewards and are a good way to get the best out of the RPG experience that The Outer Worlds has to offer.
Spratkings Quest Guide
Spratkings is one of the Tasks in The Outer Worlds. Tasks are optional quests that players can chose to complete in order to obtain special rewards, XP, or reputation.
Search SubLight’s Shipping Tunnels
- Nelson’s sprat carriers run their secretive routes through SubLight’s shipping tunnels. It’s the last place the sprats were seen before they went missing.
- The tunnel has been compromised by rapts. Clear them out.
Retrieve the Drugs from the Sprat Carriers
- Collect Nelson’s drugs fromthe sprat carriers… by any means necessary.
Report Back to Nelson
- Give Nelson Mayson in Fallbrook the drugs you recovered from teh dead sprats in SubLight’s shipping tunnels.
Find the Missing Sprat Carriers
- Since the corpses in SubLight’s shipping tunnels accounted for only half of Nelson’s sprat carriers, the remaining ones must be somewhere in Fallbrook. Find them.
You can gain this quest by talking to Nelson Mayson at his shop to the left of the entrance of Fallbrook in Monarch. He will share that he has a business proposition, hear him out and accept to help to begin the quest.
Head to the tunnel near the riverbed and go inside. You’ll be attacked by Raptidons. Clear them out for 6300xp
Loot the Sprats for Nelson Mayson’s Drugs. If you’re having trouble spotting them all because of other corpses, track the quest and small green icons will appear over sprats you have not looted.
Go back to Nelson and you can either give him the drugs or lie (50) and keep the drug consumables.
- Lie (50): 1000xp, Adrena-Time x5
- Give him drugs: no reward
You must now find the rest of the sprats. Go slightly south and you’ll see sprats getting out of a house. Talk to Bertrand, who has rescued the Sprats from their servitude. You can Persuade (20) or Medical (30) for a peaceful resolution, or attack him. Loot the sprat droppings to recover the drugs.
Head back to Nelson and you again can give him the drugs, or lie, or punch him if you feel like it.
- Lie (50): 1000xp, 8400 XP, 1375 Bit Cartridge, SubLight Salvage & Shipping Reputation Up
- Give him drugs: 8400xp, 1000 Bit Cartridge, SubLight Salvage & Shipping Reputation up
- Punch him: SubLight Salvage & Shipping Reputation Up
You can get 375 Bit Cartridge from Catherine Malin for telling her about your handling of the rat situation.
- Unlocks quest: None
- Other Rewards: 8400xp, 1000-1800 Bit Cartridge, SubLight Salvage & Shipping Reputation Up.