How to Beat Mouthpiece (Tips & Tricks)
- Constantly keep moving in a clockwise or anti-clock wise pattern.
- Take full advantage of Mouthpiece dancing when the bass drops, as he will not inflict any damage on you.
- When you hear a charging noise, make sure to check the cables surrounding the speakers on the ground. If they are lit up and glowing, move out of the area as fast as possible as they will explode. Getting hit by the explosion will often cause significant damage.
- Use the COV soldiers to your advantage, as dealing small amounts of damage to them during the battle to lower their health can be very helpful should you need to be revived when knocked down.
Strategy for Defeating Mouthpiece
Mouthpiece is the first challenging boss that you will encounter in Borderlands 3. Not only does he spawn plenty of minions during the battle, you also need to watch out for his main attack, which consists of blowing up the speakers around the room.
When he is about to perform his special attack, he will begin walking around in circles in the middle of the room. You may also hear a charging noise coming from the speakers. Where this attack will be launched is often determined through the large cables that are scattered across the floor. When the attack is about to launch, these cables will light up, indicating that the area within the glowing cables will not be safe.
These cables can light up in any of the following combinations:
- Just one lit up area on a single side.
- Just the middle lit up.
- All sides lit up, with the middle area the only safe zone.
It is also worth mentioning that Mouthpiece does carry a large shield with him, so be sure to always aim for the head region to deal the most amount of damage as possible.
While Mouthpiece may be immune to damage for a few seconds during the lead up to launching his special attack, it is important that you use this time to prepare and get positions correctly, as this will be the most ideal time for you to deal as much damage as possible to the boss while he is vulnerable.
You may also find that Mouthpiece is best killed by constantly moving around the room. By moving, you will notice that it will become increasingly easy to catch Mouthpiece’s back. This is great, as it will allow you the opportunity to fire upon him without having to worry about his shield.
During my playthrough, I found that Moze was great for taking on the bosses solo, as Iron Bear not only protects her but he also deals significant amounts of damage on each boss during such a short time period.
You may also be interested in: