Mordhau is a medieval first & third person multiplayer slasher. Enter a hectic battlefield of up to 64 players as a mercenary in a fictional, but realistic world, where you will get to experience the brutal and satisfying melee combat that will have you always coming back for more.
Other Mordhau Guides:
- Mordhau: Toolbox Guide
- Mordhau: Weapons Guide
- Mordhau: Armour Guide
- Mordhau: Vehicles Guide
- Mordhau: Console Commands
Player Perks offer unique passive buffs & abilities for your character. Each perk you choose has an associated point cost with it; so you must choose wisely.
Excellent Tier (You’d trade a sidearm or even a piece of armor for these)
- Second Wind – One of the best perks in the game right now, especially for duels.
- Bloodlust – This perk can often be the difference between winning a 1vX and losing it.
- Tenacious – You’ll spend less time out of combat and more time hitting things, making you that much more useful to your team.
- Huntsman – Virtually a requirement for archers, and an excellent perk for anyone using throwables as well.
- Ranger – If you plan to be mostly engaging other archers, this will give you a lot more survivability than 1 point of armor will.
- Friendly – Most people will write this one off as a useless perk, but think about how often you get shot in the back by an allied archer. This perk essentially increases your max HP in big team games, and may even allow you to take 1 extra hit that would otherwise kill you. Its effectiveness falls off if your allies are very good, though. Furthermore, this is great for archers who like to fire into engagements and don’t wanna hurt their team as much.
- Dodge – Very powerful perk, balanced by it’s very high cost. Slow, short-ranged weapons (i.e. Maul) are devastated by this perk.
Good Tier (You’ll take these to fill out your extra points)
- Fury – Can be good in larger games where you’re getting a lot of kills, it’ll keep you in the fight pretty much endlessly as long as you’re playing well. However considering you already get a lot of stamina on hit, and stamina in general has been made less important, it might not be necessary.
- Fireproof – Allows you to run through your own fire as a sort of escape mechanism; even better if there’s a lot of firebomb spam going on. Honestly really good for only 1 point.
- Cat – For only 1 point it’s not bad if you use it correctly. Fight in high places and use the lessened fall damage to your advantage. Trick opponents into jumping off of things to chase you. Very fun perk that changes your play-style a lot.
- Rush – I could see this being overpowered in the hands of a very good player, though at 3 points it could be fairly hard to squeeze into your build. In order to fully utilize the sprint effect you must be ready to use it the second you secure that kill, which can be difficult at times. Naked Zwei players will probably always take this perk.
- Scavenger – Rather situational. This perk can either be worthless or amazing depending on what loadouts your opponents have.
Meme Tier (You’d be better off spending the points on a good sidearm)
- Brawler – A dagger would be better for less points.
- Acrobat – It’s not terrible but there are better perks to spend the point on.
- Flesh Wound – Hilarious but not really worth 3 points. Very fun though.
- Rat – Cswic will equip this on all of his characters. You probably shouldn’t.
- Wrecker – Currently has no purpose outside of testing.
- Smith – Currently has no purpose outside of testing.
- Peasant – Yeet.
List of perks by point cost
-  Acrobat (Jump Stamina cost reduced by 50%)
-  Fireproof (Reduces fire damage by 80%)
-  Friendly (50% Damage reduction to dealt and received team damage)
-  Cat (Reduces fall damage by 50%)
-  Scavenger (Killing enemies causes them to drop everything they are carrying, including holstered equipment)
-  Ranger (Allows you to move 15% quicker while aiming a bow or crossbow)
-  Wrecker (Melee damage against structures increased 50%)
-  Smith (Repair effectiveness increased 50%)
-  Tenacious (Passive Health regeneration is 40% faster)
-  Second Wind (Stamina gain on hit increased 30%)
-  Bloodlust (Health on Kill increased 50%)
-  Fury (Stamina on kill increased 66%)
-  Brawler (Increases Fist damage)
-  Huntsman (Projectiles deal 200% damage against enemies wearing a quiver)
-  Rat (Crouch movement speed increased 10%, Footstep volume reduced 75%)
-  Rush (Instantly get a movement sprint boost upon killing an enemy)
-  Flesh Wound (Fatal melee and projectile damage, except for headshots, does not kill you immediately, but 5 seconds later. Limb integrity during this time is not guaranteed.
-  Peasant (Restricts equipment & wearables to things a peasant would use & allows you to spawn with makeshift weapons)
-  Dodge (Jumping backward or to the sides will perform a dodge instead of a jump)
Some possible changes to certain perks?
- Brawler – Make it also increase kick damage (or stamina drain). This will make a lot less situational.
- Acrobat – Bake Acrobat and Cat into the same perk OR lessen the extra damage taken while midair.
- Flesh Wound – Honestly I think this perk is fine as is. It’s very fun, and if buffed too much it might just be annoying to deal with.
- Scavenger – In addition to its other effects: when picking up a ranged weapon, get 3 ammo instead of 1 (implies that the default would be changed to 1)
More of this sort of thing: