Table of Contents Show
Bare Knuckle Friendships
On this page of our Red Dead Redemption 2 solution you will find a walkthrough for the Bar Knuckle Friendships mission. Uncle believes that Charles Smith lives and stays in Saint Denis. John and Uncle go to the city to find him.
How to get gold medal in Bar Knuckle Friendships?
- After reaching Saint Denis, find Charles in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds – this was discussed in the above RDR2 solution – the key to success is to quickly get onto the horse and gallop into the saloon.
- Kill all Guido Martelli’s people in less than 10 seconds – Make sure you use your Dead Eye to kill enemies quickly.
How to unlock mission: After finishing the “Home of the Gentry?” and “Gainful Employment” missions.
To start this Red Dead Redemption 2 mission, speak with Uncle at the house. John will tell Uncle to get up and start working, or to get out.
Uncle, in a revelation, will tell John you have to go to Saint Denis to find Charles. A cutscene will play of the two of you on a train, arriving at Saint Denis.
Gold Medal Checklist:
- After arriving in Saint Denis, find Charles within 1 minute 50 seconds. Go straight to the fence to learn where he is.
You’ll have the option of going to the saloon, or the fence. Head to the fence to find out where he is. The fence tells you Charles has been fighting.
Head to the marker on your map to meet up with Uncle, and to find him. Charles says he’s been throwing fights under the moniker “Lone Wolf.”
He bets on himself to win. You can then bet for him, or against him. Bet for him to win a few bucks.
Once the fight starts, you can cheer for, or against, him. He wins the fight.
However, the person who took your bets says some people aren’t too happy about the outcome, so Charles needs to lie low. Turns out, he’s already booked a ride out of town on a boat.
As you walk to the docks, you discuss what happened back then, when Arthur helped John escape. Charles tells John that Strauss had been captured, and never spoke a word.
As you walk, make sure your Dead Eye meter is full. You’re going to need it. Also, make sure you have a repeater equipped.
Once you reach the docks, Charles gets spooked by some men there. You walk past them, but they call out for you. When you turn around, John quickly makes a plan, and he and Charles dive into cover.
Gold Medal Requirement:
- Kill all of Guido Martelli’s men within 10 seconds – do this by immediately activating Dead Eye with a repeater equipped, and headshotting them.
After you take them out, loot them. One of the men has a Mauser Pistol on them. Then, get in the wagon with Charles. He’ll drive.
Don’t worry about shooting anyone else. Charles will safely drive the wagon to the bridge, meeting up with Uncle.
A cutscene will start, marking the end of the mission and the passing of time.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Uncles Bad Day Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The King’s Son Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – American Venom Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The Tool Box Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Our Best Selves Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – That’s Murfree Country Walkthrough